Chapter 7

We arrive at the pool party at 2 in the afternoon. The party would last until midnight which I think is a little crazy. But this is somewhat the biggest party of the year so I better enjoy it. I guess.

We hop out of Diego's car and up to a big mansion house. Is everyone in this school rich? Diego knocks on the door. Few seconds later some dude with shoulder length blonde hair opens the doors. His eyes can barely stay open. Yep. He's high.

"Heyyy. Ya'll made it. Cool cool. Come on in." He opens the door wider for us. Diego and Cece are the first to go in. As I step foot inside the dude stops me. He grips my wrist and turns me to face him. "Hey there. Wanna go grab some drinks? Just the two of us?" He says attempting to form a smirk but ends up in a creepy grin.

"Uh--"

"She's good." Alec interrupts me. I look at him to see him glaring at the dude who welcomed us inside. What's gotten into him?

The dude holds his hands up in surrender. "Woah, chill. Sorry dude, didn't know she's yours." And backs away. Did he just say I was Alec's? You got it all wrong buddy.

"He just wanted to ask me for a drink Alec." I say, placing my hands on my hips and look up at him. "We even could have been friends." I say and pout. Doesn't he want me to make friends?

"No, he wasn't." He argues back.

"And how would you know?" I say and raise an eyebrow.

"Because I just do. Now let's go." He turns me back facing the backyard and ushering me there. We reach outside and there is probably more than 5o people here. That's a lot of seniors. Or people in general.

My heart starts beating faster as the nerves get to me. What if I embarrass myself? Then I'd be the laughing stock of this grade. I guess Alec can sense my hesitation because he grips my hand in his. "Just stay with me and you'll be fine." For some odd reason that brings me comfort. Just a little.

I nod my head. "Where's Diego and Cece?" I ask after attempting to find them within this area. Where did they run off to? And how dare they leave me here?

"Probably went to suck each other's faces off." Alec shrugs. Huh? "Come on." He brings me near towards the others. A group of guys chill beside the lounge area. Oh no, this is so nerve-wracking. A group of guys is not exactly my forte. Especially if they're cute.

"Yo Alec! You made it!" A guy with blonde hair and blue eyes says as he and Alec so this weird bro hug chest pump thingy and a handshake or whatever. Then his eyes drift to me. Don't freak out Briar it's just another cute guy. "Who's this lovely lady?"

He just called me lovely. How lovely. "I'm Briar." I say. He holds his hand out and I place me smaller one in his hand. He shakes them and our eye lock for a bit. Wow his eyes are so ocean blue. Wait stop staring Briar. 

"Okay, that's enough." Alec brings us both out of our trance. I look up to face him and see his jaw clenched and him glaring at the blonde dude. I don't even know his name yet. 

"Sorry, uh what was your name?" I question. I mean he's pretty cute. But when I compare them to Alec, oh damn. He got nothing on Alec. Alec is literally a God. I'd say the blonde dude is a fir 9.5 by himself, but when I put him next to Alec, he's probably a 6. Sorry blonde dude.

"Jack." He says smiling at me. "And this is Aaron, Mason, and Zachary." He points to the other three guys behind him.

Aaron is pretty tall, his chestnut brown hair fits perfectly with his chestnut brown eyes. He's shirtless too so I can see he's definitely been working out.

Mason is a bit on the shorter side, probably like 5'7. He's cute and for sure a ladies man with his green eyes and pure black hair. 

And Zachary is a handsome young man. And when I say young he looks sort of like a baby. He has a baby face. "You wanna grab some drinks......Briar. Was it?" Zachary asks me.

"Oh, I'm good. Thanks though." I say returning the smile. These guys are not so bad. But why is Alec the grumpy pants when the other are happy pants? 

"Bri why don't you go find Cece, I'm gonna talk to these guys for a bit." Alec says glaring at the four guys in front of him. I thought he said for me to stick by him? But I don't have time to respond as the five guys leave and head inside the house. Great, now I'm all alone.

"Bri there you are!" I feel relieved once I hear that voice I get annoyed by so much. I turn around to see Cece there with Diego trailing behind her. "We've been looking for you. And I'm just gonna say this, you and Jack would look sooooo hot together." She says fanning her face.

"Jack is a cool dude." I respond. She gives me a pointed look.

"Just cool? I saw the way you two were holding hands." She says wiggling her brows. 

"We were shaking hands. It's nothing." I say as a blush forms onto my cheeks. Diego clears his throat. 

"Yeah, to be honest I do not see you and Jack together. If anything I'd say your type would be tall, brown hair, brown eyes.......starting with an A......" Diego lists. I see where he's getting at. 

"Aaron? Really? I mean he's cute I guess." I reply with a shrug. Diego face palms himself. Ooof, that may have hurt. 

"Where's Alec?" Diego asks clearly annoyed with my answer.

"He's inside the house with the other guys." I reply. Diego gives Cece a kiss on the cheek and rushes away. I turn to Cece and pink coats her face. "What was that all about?" I say with a smile.

She grips my arm and drags me to sit on one of those bed chair thingies. She takes a breath and looks at me. "Okay, so Diego and I may or may not be a ...thing?" She says it like a question.

My mouth drops open. Her and Diego? Diego and Her? Okay yep, totally the hots for each other. "No way!" I gasp. She just nods her head with a smile. "I'm so happy! One of my two favorite people in the whole world are dating." I say jumping up from the chair.

She pulls me back down. "It's complicated right now, but he just asked me out on a date. And I don't wanna go alone. Can you come with me please?" She begs.

"It's a date for a reason Cece." I say with reasoning. "Plus, I don't want to be the third wheel." I say crossing my arms over my chest.

She sighs and thinks. "How about you aren't the third wheel? We'll make it as a double date! I'm so smart." She says with a proud smile. Double date? I don't know.

"Who will I go with then Cece?" I question her.

She thinks again and gasps. "You'll just have to wait and see. I'll talk to Diego about it. Oh this is so exciting!" She says and pulls me into a tight hug. 

I don't do dates. I barely even talk to guys. Plus there will be absolute no talking between the two of us. We'll just sit there stone faced and eat our food in very uncomfortable silence. I have a very bad feeling about this. 

♡☺︎♡