chapter thirteen

It was the beginning of November, which means the first quidditch match of the season was coming up, and soon.

James had taken this into mind, maybe a bit too much.

He had been working the team so much that Ophelia had a hard time finishing her homework, as she was on the quidditch pitch almost everyday until late at night.

Thankfully, the day before the first match, James let the team go to bed early, which they were all very happy about. The only reason James did this was because they had to get up early in the morning. But the team was grateful to get a bit of extra sleep anyway.

"Mar," whispered Ophelia, early in the morning, trying to wake up her teammate.

"Mar," she repeated.

Ophelia climbed out of bed and sauntered towards Marlene's four poster bed.

"Marlene!" loudly whispered Ophelia, shaking her awake.

Marlene groaned and put her head under her pillow.

Ophelia tore the pillow out of her hands.

"Get off your lazy arse, come on."

Once again, Marlene groaned, but even louder, which unfortunately woke Alice up.

"Mar," she whined. "You woke me up!"

"Sorry Alice," Marlene mumbled.

"I was having such a good dream too! Gryffindor won the quidditch match today!"

This got Marlene up.

"The quidditch match!" she bellowed. "Today!"

"Yes Mar, the quidditch match. Today. Now get up, we've got to go eat breakfast and get down to the locker rooms before James beats our arses."

Marlene couldn't find any retort, so she pulled a face, but nevertheless got out of bed.

The two girls quickly got dressed and walked down towards the great hall. Once they were there, they saw the whole quidditch team and a few other Gryffindors. It was early on a saturday, a couple of hours before the match, so not too many people were awake and about yet.

Marlene groaned when she looked up at the enchanted ceiling, only to see it grey and stormy.

"Oh great. This match will be just delightful," retorted Ophelia, sarcasm dripping from her voice.

They sat down with the rest of the team, James had already gotten a piece of toast for the two and shoved them in front of them.

"James-"

"Eat," he demanded.

Marlene rolled her eyes, but took the toast nevertheless.

"Yes mother," said Ophelia, coolly grabbing the toast out of his hand.

James threw her a dirty look before returning to his own food.

After breakfast, which Ophelia thought was much too short, as James had basically shoved food down the team's throats, then proceeded to complain that they were taking too long to eat and made them hurry into the changing rooms, completely ignoring the team's protests.

Ophelia and Marlene had the girls locker room to themselves, and they took advantage of it. They always had fun, gossiping, joking, and just messing around in general.

"Just wait," said Ophelia, pulling on her red quidditch robes. "I swear to Merlin, James is going to have a long ass speech planned."

Marlene didn't say anything, just laughed, because she knew that her best friend was absolutely right.