Chapter 40: Secrets Revealed

"Are you hooking up with Aki-senpai?"

The question made Y/N's blood run cold. She was frozen on her spot and Rui continued his speech.

"And I'm sorry for lying to you, but the reason why I left your house without warning.. is that I got shocked at what I discovered."

Rui stared apologetically at Y/N.

"There wasn't really an emergency. I guess I just had to conjure up a lie to clear my mind and avoid acting brashly. It really came as a shock to me to learn that you and Aki-senpai are doing those.. things."

"H-How did you.." Y/N shakily said.

"Well.." Rui casted his gaze on the ground. "I heard you and Aki-senpai doing it.. and I accidentally saw you and... yeah."

Y/N's heart pounded furiously at this point. She doesn't know whether to get mad at Aki for that reckless temptation, or focus at the present situation and get shocked due to the fact that their secrets are revealed. Either way, she is sure that she is freaking out right now.

"R-Rui.." Y/N felt like her strength is leaving her. "D-Did you tell anyone.."

"No. No, I didn't." Rui replied solemnly. "I can't do that. Who knows if other people who managed to stumble upon your secret will put you guys in danger or what."

Y/N clutched her head and took rapid breaths. She was trying hard to avoid freaking out and break into a panic.

"But Y/N.." Rui continued hesitantly.. "How long have you and Aki-senpai.. doing this?"

".................................."

"Are.. Are you guys dating?"

"W-We're not." Y/N managed to croak out.

"Then.." Rui furrowed his brows. "Do you guys even love each other? Y/N, you can't get into that kind of relationship simply because of lust! Does Aki-senpai even love you? Or is she doing those things with you simply because of sex?"

Y/N lowered her head and massaged her temples. The intensity of Rui's words made her headache worse.

"Rui.. that's not-

"And are you sure that Aki-senpai will fight for you?" Rui clenched his jaw. "Y/N, you can't keep doing those things without a solid relationship because you'll eventually end up getting hurt!"

*(Thud)*

Y/N's knees gave way and she dropped to the ground. Rui's eyes widened and he immediately rushed to Y/N's side.

"Y/N? Y/N!" Rui held the girl up who went unconscious. He quickly headed to the clinic so Y/N will get treated.
_______________________________________

"Y/N!"

Aki rushed to the clinic in panic. After she heard that Y/N passed out, she wasted no time on visiting the girl.

"Nurse, how is she?"

"She's fine. She was just stressed out and didn't get enough sleep. Other than that, she didn't suffer any serious injuries." replied the nurse with a small smile. "It's a good thing that her friend was there to help her."

The nurse motioned to Rui who was standing outside.

"Yokatta. Thank you nurse."

The nurse nodded in reply and excused herself to attend to other students.

Aki seated on the stool beside Y/N's bed and tucked a few hair strands behind Y/N's ear.

"Y/N.. you made me worry." Aki placed a kiss on Y/N's forehead. She observed the girl's sleeping figure before meeting up with Rui outside the clinic. Though the boy still gets on Aki's nerves, she decided that she should still extend her gratitude to the boy for helping Y/N.

"Moriya-san." Aki called out to the boy who was leaning on the wall. "Thank you for helping Y/N."

Rui nodded in response.

"I was only looking after her."

"Yes. I thank you for looking after her when I wasn't there to do that." Aki made a tight-lipped smile.

"I sincerely hope you are looking after her, Aki-senpai." Rui said in a low voice though it was still heard by Aki. The latter raised her brow in question.

"Come again?"

Rui smiled wryly and shook his head. This action didn't go unnoticed by Aki and the girl was slightly irritated at this.

"Do we have a problem, Moriya-san?"

The two had a staring contest and Rui was the first to break out.

"Aki-senpai, I'll be honest and upfront about this. If you're just using Y/N for sex, then I suggest you stop doing it."

"Excuse me?!" Aki's voice rose a few octaves. It's a good thing the hallways were deserted and free of any suspicious ears.

"You heard me." Rui firmly said. "If you are just using her to satisfy your sexual desires, then you better stop before you end up hurting her."

"I'm sorry, but who are you to judge what Y/N and I's relationship is?" Aki controlled her anger. "And what makes you think that we are doing anything of that sort?"

"There's no need to lie. I've seen and heard enough." Rui maintained his stance. "I don't want Y/N to get hurt. Your relationship is already fragile as it is."

Aki clenched her fists and exhaled harshly.

"Moriya-san, you really have no right to be making assumptions about what is and what isn't."

"I just don't want Y/N to end up hurting. That's all."

"You care way too much." Aki squinted her eyes at Rui then laughed bitterly. "You love her, don't you?"

"Do you, Aki-nee?"

"What?!"

"Do you love her or is it just for the sex?"

*(Slap!)*

Rui's face snapped to the side after being slapped by a furious Aki.

"I apologize.." Rui massaged his cheek. "I don't mean to upset you in any way. I was only telling the truth."

"How audacious of you to imply that Y/N is just a sex toy to me! You don't know anything!"

"Yes I don't, Aki-senpai. But I do know one thing." Rui narrowed his eyes. "You are her sister, and forming a relationship with her, sexual or romantic of any kind, won't be taken lightly. I do hope that when circumstances force you to question the strength of your bond, you won't end up abandoning Y/N.."

"I feel like you are implying that Y/N and I would eventually separate." Aki's jaw clenched. "Are you going to spread our secrets?"

"Rest assured. I'm not planning on doing that. Though I highly disapprove of Y/N doing those things with you, I'm not putting her up for danger." came the firm reply of Rui. He then glared at Aki and spoke intimidatingly.

"Aki-senpai, don't you dare hurt Y/N. If you do-

"You're going to what?" Aki spat out

"Then I'm going to make sure to steal her and keep her away from you."

- End of Chapter -