Chapter 46: Skipping

"Itachi."

"Present!"

"Kurokawa."

"Hai sensei!"

Nami stared boredly in front as she listened to the teacher getting attendance. Her eyes landed to Kana and Y/N's empty seat. She partly knew that the two skipped classes because she forced Y/N to go along with Kana's whim.

Nami wasn't the only one who noticed the girls' absence. Rui also took note, particularly Y/N's absence. The secret he discovered still brought a shock to him and frankly, it also made him sad. However, the care and feelings he had towards Y/N outweigh those negative ones.

"Hey Nami."

Nami looked behind and saw some of her male classmates grinning stupidly at her.

"What?" Nami spat.

"Do you know why Y/N and Sumiya-san are absent?"

"How would I know?" Nami thought and before she could reply, the boys snickered.

"Maybe they.. you know. Ran away together." They shared a high five and Nami gave them a deadpan look.

"Quit talking over there!"

The teacher's booming voice resounded and the boys immediately straightened.

"Hm? Aoi, where is your sister?" asked the woman after she scanned the room.

"No idea." Nami lazily replied while leaning her head on her knuckle. "I'm not my sister's babysittter or something. I don't go looking for her."

The teacher stared blankly at Nami, as if to say 'Really?' in a sarcastic way.

"Geez.." She moved her gaze and noticed the other empty seat. "Looks like the honor student Sumiya is also absent."

Back in the hallways, Kana and Y/N were sneakily glancing from behind a wall to avoid any patrolling teachers.

"This is my first time skipping class. I'm kind of excited.." Kana said. She was the one looking out for any teachers in the hallway.

Y/N rubbed her neck and spoke awkwardly.

"Ah haha. But where should we go...?"

"Ah." Y/N noticed Kana flinch a little.

"What's wrong, Sumiya-san?"

Quickly taking a hold of Y/N's hand, Kana pushed themselves inside a locker.

Y/N held her breath at the close proximity she and Kana have. They listened to the footsteps from the outside and when it vanished, they released the breath they were holding.

"Seems like they left.."

"Y-Yeah.." Y/N diverted her gaze once she felt a sensation below her. "Umm. Sumiya-san..?"

Kana stared at her for a second before quickly realizing what happened.

"G-Gomen!" blush rose on her cheeks and Kana looked down as she covered her crotch. "I'm s-sorry, Y/N-chan.."

"It's fine, haha." Y/N shakily replied in awkwardness.

"I'm really sorry-" Kana moved her foot forward but Y/N released small yelp.

"Ow!"

"W-What happened Y/N-chan?" Kana was slightly panicking.

"You stepped on my foot..."

The two eventually ended up in the Fashion Research Clubroom and Kana was still apologizing to Y/N for her clumsiness.

"I'm telling you Sumiya-san, it's fine." Y/N raised her hands up in surrender and spoke sheepishly.

"B-But still..." Kana was deeply embarrassed for her lack of composure. "I'm really sorry, Y/N-chan!"

"Let's just forget about it, haha.."

"Whenever I'm around you, I seem to lose all my focus." Kana fiddled with her fingers. "I end up being a clumsy mess, and a-awkward and helpless."

Y/N just listened to the girl's rambles.

"But I guess it's just natural.. I'm just really happy to spend time with you, Y/N-chan.." Kana faced Y/N with her blushing face. "Standing next to Y/N-chan... Being able to touch you..."

Kana stook a step forward towards Y/N.

"I'm really happy, Y/N-chan... You make me.. happy.."

"Sumiya-san." Y/N caught Kana's hand who was about to touch her face, and she moved away from the girl. "Please stop.."

"E-Eh?" Kana blinked in surprise since she wasn't expecting Y/N to turn down her advances.

"This...." Y/N looked apologetic. "I'm really sorry.. but I can't keep doing this.."

"Y/N-chan -

Y/N walked out before Kana could call her. The latter stared wide-eyed, petrified, and had her arm reaching out to the space Y/N was previously standing on.

- End of Chapter -

Author's Note:  Kana, get a hold of yourself.. you baka  -_-