Chapter 47: It's/Not like that

Y/N walked aimlessly towards home after she walked out on Kana. Her previous reaction towards Kana's advances was done without thinking, but she was certain she did the right thing. Her only regret was that it might cause her friendship with Kana to break.

"I left my school bag..." Y/N mumbled as she remembered the thought. Since she and Kana skipped classes, her bag was left in their classroom.

Nami could have offered to bring it if she wanted to, but Y/N doubt that Nami would even do that.

With a sigh, Y/N retracted her steps and went back to their school.
________________________________________

Classes already ended by the time Y/N arrived. She headed straight towards her classroom and found out that her classmates already left, save for Nami who is quietly sitting on her chair.

The girl folded her hands and rested her chin on it. She was looking ahead with a blank look and she didn't bother glancing at Y/N when she noticed her presence.

"You skipped classes." Nami said once Y/N was near. The latter didn't respond to the obvious and instead grabbed her belongings.

"I left my school bag." Y/N's lips formed into a thin line as she stared at Nami. "Nami, about Sumiya-san..."

"What about her?" responded the girl as she gave a sideward glance at Y/N.

"Let's stop this. I don't want to continue tolerating her advances." Y/N shook her head. "It's strange already.."

"What exactly happened to the two of you?" Nami blankly replied. Y/N went  silent for a moment as she tried to figure out Nami.

"I just thought it was strange.. You are the one who likes Sumiya-san so..."

"And so what?" Nami replied indignantly. "I'm not the one Kana likes. She doesn't think of me like that."

".................................."

"But Nami-

"SHUT UP!!"

Nami abruptly stood up and slammed her hands on the desk. Y/N looked down on the floor with a conflicted look and Nami spoke bitterly.

"No matter what I try, I can never be you, Y/N..."

"And I can't be you either, Nami..." replied Y/N

Silence lingered for a moment before Nami broke it off and stepped towards Y/N.

"As for myself.. Just being close to Kana is satisfying enough." Nami raised a clenched fist to her chest. "I don't want anything else.."

She placed her hands on Y/N's cheeks and stared sadly on the girl's lips.

"To smell Kana's scent that's still lingering on your lips.. even though it's just like lying to myself.."

Y/N gazed at Nami in worry as the latter slowly inched her lips closer.

*(Thud!)*

Both girls halted in their movements and looked at the source of the sound. Leaning on the door was a petrified Kana, whose eyes were wide when she saw the two about to kiss.

"A-Ah.. Um.. I.. I just wanted to get my school bag.." Kana timidly said in shock.

"Sumiya-san.." Y/N was likewise shocked at the girl's sudden arrival while Nami, on the other hand, stared at Kana in defeat.

"N-Nami.." Kana uttered as she looked at Nami who hung her head low.

"Sumiya-san." Y/N called out. "This isn't what it looks like-

Nami's broken laugh cut off Y/N's speech and she stared at Kana in a mocking manner.

"HAHAHA! Too bad for you Kana." Nami inched closer towards Y/N and caressed her face.  "It's because you're so slow, so there's no room left for you anymore!"

Y/N was dumbfounded and speechless at the moment.

"It can't be..." Kana whispered in disbelief. "It's not like that, right, Y/N-chan?"

"Me and Y/N have this kind of relationship." Nami took a hold of Y/N's chin and faced it towards her. "If you won't believe it, just watch!"

Nami roughly pushed her lips onto Y/N's making the other girls even more shocked. Nami didn't break eye contact with Kana while she was kissing Y/N.

"Puwah-" Nami separated from the kiss, a string of saliva connecting hers and Y/N's mouth. "You believe it now?"

Kana covered her mouth with her trembling hands

"N-No.. No way...."

"That's why Y/N won't return your advances.." Nami blankly said. "Because of this.."

Kana walked out of the room and a stunned Y/N called out to her in desperation.

"Nami, why did you do that?!"

Nami replied with no emotion.

"Isn't that good for you? Since you don't have to put up with Kana's advances any longer."

"But still-

"Or do you regret it or something?"

"That's not what I meant." Y/N exhaled in frustration. She stared at Nami in disbelief and after a while, she shook her head.

"You're unbelievable."

Y/N exited the room and Nami was left wallowing in her self-deprecating thoughts.

-End of Chapter-