23

-April-

"Dad come on it's Tommy's birthday. We're just going to the park." Toby said pulling on his jean jacket.

"Then take Lani. Toby I'm putting my trust in you but don't do what you did last time." Schlatt said ruffling his sons hair.

"I'll take her. And I won't what happened was a bad judgment call. I'm sorry I made you and ma worry that day dad." Toby got his sisters jacket. "Come on Lani lets go to the park!"

Lani ran over grabbing her rain boots. Toby sat her on the couch and swapped her rain boots out for her tennis shoes. He slipped them on and tied them for her.

Schlatt felt his breath leave him. He remembered when he did the same thing for his four year old Toby. He watched his son help his sister put her sweater on.

"Bye ma! Bye daddy." Lani threw her arms around her fathers legs. Schlatt lifted her up and hugged her.

"Have fun with bubba, when you come home we can have a tea party." Schlatt said pushing hair out of her face.

"Deal. Bye daddy." Lani said as he set her down.

The siblings walked out the door and over to the group of teenagers waiting by the fence.

-

The group of kids ran around the park.

Lani squealed as Ranboo lifted her up. Her giggles echoed through the air.

Toby ran over laughing. "I'll save you Lani!" He reached out for her.

"Bubba!" She laughed reaching for him.

Ranboo wrapped his other arm around his friend and lifted him up.

"Calm down love birds not on Tommy's birthday!" Addie joked with a giggle.

The pair joined in moving apart as Ranboo set Lani on the ground.

-

"Okay you cannot name you're child Astroid. Do you want him to get bullied?" Purpled asking chomping on a fry.

"Its badass man. It's better than Christopher." Tommy said giving Lani a sip of his milkshake.

"I like the name Michael." Ranboo and Toby replied in unison.

The rest of the evening was spent in laughter. Everyone split up at the end of the night.