25

-August-

The group walked to the park after school.

"Man I didn't expect this year to start out rough." Purpled said as they looked at the empty spot next to Toby.

"He'll be back soon. Just give him time he lost the only person who stuck around since he was born." Toby couldn't help but feel alone, he knew his friend would be moving after the funeral, he just wasn't sure they were ready.

-

Ranboo stood by his grandmother as he watched the casket lower, he felt numb. He gently squeezed his grandmothers hand as she watched her ex husband be settled into the earth.

His group of friends stood behind him as support. They would never pretend they understood his pain but they were his shoulder.

After the burial the kids sat on the curb outside of Ranboo's childhood home. They each had a capri sun as they listened to stories of Pop pop.

"Do you remember the time when tubbo came down for the summer and we all spent the night here? We were about six." Tommy said before taking a sip of the pouch.

"Oh yeah and we ran around the backyard until nine p.m., then pop pop came out and said," Toby continued.

"If you squish my tomatoes I'm gonna toss you in the pool." The three said in unison sharing a sad smile.

"How about the time pop pop went to my birthday party with a huge platter of radishes." Addie said.

"To be fair it's a tradition into our family that the birthday kid eats six radish circles and sings Mary had a little lamb. He didn't know it was just us that did it."

The group sat there for hours reminiscing on the soul that was Pop pop.

-

The last day of August, they day they were meant to be out by the pool laughing, having fun. Instead it was filled with tears and saying goodbye.

Ranboo had shared a sweet parting with each of his friends. Addie gave him a hug and sent him off with some of his favorite blueberry and white chocolate chip muffins.

Tommy and Ranboo did a hand shake they made up when they were young. Purpled bid him a farewell and gave him his one Nintendo d.s.

When it came to Tubbos turn they were given privacy.

"It wasn't supposed to end like this." He said with tears in his eyes.

"Its not the end Tubbo, it's merely a pause." Ranboo whispered before they shared a parting hug.

"Come back to me Ranboo."

"I always will Tubbo."