27

-December-

"I can't believe my Toby's gonna be sixteen this month." Dawson said hugging their son.

"Time needs to slow down." Schlatt said holding Lani. "Lets go before we're late."

The family walked into the school for a parent meeting.

-

Throughout the night they were told how Toby was a joy in their class, dedicated, and interested in learning.

"Once you're done studying go to bed bud."

"I will night dad, love you."

"Goodnight bud, love you."

-

Toby and Lani sat at the island eating cereal as Dawson made lunches.

Schlatt walked along the wall he felt incredibly dizzy. His vision blurred he braced himself before standing at the end of the island.

"Does anyone else smell toast?" He asked hunched over.

"No? Ma did burn a waffle though." Toby answered looking at his father.

Schlatt was pale and dazed.

"Sweetheart do you want to sit down? Or a glass of water?" Dawson asked placing a hand on their husband's arm.

"That would be." Schlatt trailed off collapsing to the ground.

"Dad!"

"Jay!"

Lani's cry was the last thing he heard.

-

"I'm sorry for your loss." The doctor said in sorrow tone as the fifteen year old boy held his parent and little sister.

"No daddy not gone. No." Lani cried clutching onto her brothers shirt.

Dawson did their best to comfort their children but it was difficult none the less.

-

The family sat by the grave and celebrated Toby's sixteenth birthday.

It wasn't ideal but they knew Schlatt would want them to be happy that day.

Dawson gave their son a minute as they loaded Lani into the car as well as everything else.

"I miss you dad. I miss you everyday that it hurts. But I know that it'll always be me and you against the world. It'll always be us. Dad and Tubbo."

:)--------------------------(:

This is the end but I have an extra chapter to bring y'all a bit of joy.

Also an announcement 🙈

<3