109

"What... What type of nonsense are you spouting!? Stop lying!" Rienne angrily grabbed the maid's collar and screamed. 

"Your grace please let go of this servant..." the maid timidly begged. 

"This must be some sort of misunderstanding." Chase tried to ease the crowd of whispering and gossiping young nobles. He firmly believed Angelina didn't do such a thing. Angelina... or Lilith is simply too prideful. There was no way...

"Please take me to my younger sister! I need to see her immediately!" Evelina pleaded to the maid. Her teary eyes seemed as they were about to burst in tears at any moment.

"Yes!" The maid bowed once she was able to break away from Rienne's grasp.

Evelina was the one who asked to be directed to Angelina, however... Everyone ended up following.

But something was concerning Evelina. Why hasn't Carol came back? She should have returned by the time the maid informed everyone of 'what Angelina was doing.'

**************

A soft hum echoed in the abandoned storage house. Angelina could faintly hear the sounds of the crowd coming, though they were still very far.

She wasn't the least bit shocked at the amount of people coming. She knew how vicious and ruthless nobles could be. They couldn't wait to trample on someone if they were given the chance. Especially if it's someone who they previously thought was untouchable.

If one becomes powerful, they will be respected. If one becomes too powerful, people would view them as a threat.

The reason for Evelina sending her here is quite clear. Seeing a young lady alone with a man... Heaven knows how wild they're imaginations could go.

' It was about time I get rid of that troubling servant... ' Angelina felt the corners of her lips curve upward, creating a knowing smile.

**************

"She's here! Inside!" The maid led the way and pointed at the unlit storage house.

"Could lady Angelina really be..."

"What else could she be doing!? Alone with a strange man in this isolated area, where one rarely passes..."

' Hehe... Lilith your doomed this time!' Evelina laughed in her heart.

She felt a strange sense of excitement in her heart as they approached the door of the storage house.

"Sister!" Evelina, not forgetting to put on an anxious front, slammed the door open. "What are you doing... Here...?" Evelina's eyes eventually showed horror.

The crowd of nobles behind her gasped in shock. This... This was definitely not what they expected...!

Evelina felt her heart sunk as she panted the nam, "Ca... Carol...?"

There, before them was Carol in that man's embrace. Their clothes were intact though. They also seemed very confused...

"Hah... Ahh!!!" Carol screamed in horror. Realizing her situation, she immediately pushed the man away.

"This..." The man too was confused. What happened...?

"Carol... What... What are you doing!?" Evelina screamed. She even found it a hard time to hide her anger. But she managed.

"I-i.... I'm not sure miss! This..." Carol looked around frantically, looking mad. What happened? She was just on her way back and continue the next stage of Evelina's plan when... She felt herself stop...