32

//TW: VIOLENCE & BLOOD//
#The header has a reference in the later Chapter#

I have to admit I cried a little writing this. :')

___________________________________________

Grace Evans

The sound of the gunshot me flinch immediately.

"Hey it's okay." Zayn holds me to calm down. "Let me get my gun. Stay here." He makes me sit on the sofa and disappears into the room.

I wait there quietly praying that it was just some random person and not actual bad  people.

He walks out and hands me a gun.
"Keep this with you. And don't go anywhere okay. It's okay. It's nothing to worry about."

I nod.

There's again sound of gunshots as I grip the gun harder.

"Okay now listen to me." Zayn holds my face making me look at him. "I'm going to see if it's some random false alarm or actual people after us."

"N-no. Don't go out there. Please. You'll get hurt." I say grabbing his forearms trying to stop him.

"Grace I have to, I can't sit around here waiting for them to show up. And I'll be fine. It's not my first time. I've done this before." He says getting his hands out of my grip.

"At least get something to guard yourself." I insist.

"I don't have the time. I have to go check. And do not open the door unless it's me." He starts walking away as I stand up going to the window trying to look out and see if there are people.

"Stay here. I'll be back soon."

He goes out as the door locks itself.

My heart was pounding. I felt nauseous in fear.
I didn't know what was happening. It felt the entire world was spinning. I was finding it hard to stay calm. I pace around the room in stress.

I can't leave him alone out there.

We have no idea how many people are there and he could get hurt. I walk over to the door pressing my ear against it trying to hear anything I can.

My stomach was turning in anticipation and fear. I didn't hear anything. Not even footsteps. It started to scare me. I didn't know what to do at this moment. My hands start shaking as I get them into a fist to conrol it. I cannot be scared right now.

I immediately hear sounds of rapid gunfire. Fuck.

I don't think me sitting around waiting here will do any good. I have to do something. Even though he said he'll be fine, I fear that he won't. He can't do this alone.

I've been preparing myself for this the day since the day I stepped into this underworld shit. I knew I had to go head on with dangerous people. I knew there was no way out.

It would always come down to either fight or flight.

I check the magazine of my gun to see if it's loaded and grab the knife from the table. I don't know what's gonna happen but I have to be ready. I keep the knife in my left hand and the gun in my right.

I'm about to open the door when I hear footsteps. I immediately get dead silent paying attention. The footsteps slowly get closer.

I hear  loud knocks as I stay still not making a sound.

"Hey. Open the door. It's me." I hear a hush as relief washes over me.

"Zayn?" I question for confirmation.