TAPS

I don't know how to use Morse code William, its to hard.

I know Harold, but how ever shall we communicate.

With our mouth.

Lame-o, we need to have some fun while we are both sitting in bed at night. It gets offly lonely on the other side of the wall. And we can't talk or ma will hear us.

I suppose so, but we will have to make up our own.

___________________________________________

William and Harold were brothers who were both very ill. Harold was more so than William but still ill. The doctor gave William no more than three years to live. One for Harold. The made their own morse code that only they could understand. One day he heard his mother sobbing down stairs and tapped on the wall to see what was wrong. He feared the worst, but only a minute later did he get a response replying "yes?". They conversed for an hour and even played riddles and games. (Their own ones of course) and didn't stop until his mother came in to complain about the rapping on the walls. He tried to say that he was talking to Harold but she didn't believe him. She sat down on the end of the bed and slowly told him that she had found him dead three hours earlier. Just then another tap was heard on the wall. The mother ran into the room but no one was there. She had him reply with " who's there" and only to get a response of "Harold". They conversed for up to an hour until the mother finally stopped them.

" YOUR DEAD HAROLD, MOMMY LOVES YOU BUT YOU HAVE TO GO!".

Suddenly there were no longer taps but bangs signalling "no I'm not!" Eventually a hand busted through the wall along with Harold.

"Mommy, why did you poison us? I just want you to love me!" He grabbed her, pulled her outside, and pulled her under.

It turns out that the mother had been poisoning them all along.

William recovered slowly and to this day taps can be heard coming from the ground.