Chapter 44: The Royal Library (2)

"So I take it is fine to walk around the library alone, yes?"

I asked Vernon that somewhat strange question. Well, I guess that would be a fine question since he was supposed to guard me. However, I can work more efficiently here if I were to go alone, besides, I have something to check out.

Furthermore, it was too quiet here as though we were the only people here.

"I think it is fine, your highness. We are the only people here, so it should be safe," Vernon glanced at Mera for a moment. It prompted her to flinch slightly.

Hm? Could it be that he was wary of her?

"Well, with the exception of the Queen, your mother."

"Mother? Here? Where is she?" I said so as I looked around.

"She is in one of the rooms. But I suggest not to disturb her, she is, at the moment, occupied with something important."

I became curious, what could Mother be busy with?

"Is that so. What is she working on?"

"Regrettably, your highness, I was not informed about it."

"I see..."

So she's not doing paperwork?

What could she be doing in the library? It didn't seem like her occasional visit to the library to read books. If she did, she would be here in the lobby. So this means it was something very important.

Does it concern me? Well, if that was the case, it would be fine. But the library was a source of knowledge. So... was she researching something?

It was pointless to keep mulling this over, especially when I have no information. So I decided to set it aside for now.

"That's a shame... Ah, you mentioned we are the only ones here, which I'm starting to notice. Where is everyone?"

There should be keepers here or something, with some maids to keep things clean and neat.

"The King ordered them to leave the library when you are inside."

"...."

Wow.

Talk about over protective. Well, they were always like that to Estelia, so this shouldn't go as a surprise. But I was merely studying, that said, we have a current threat at the moment, so it was understandable.

Well, this was fine, being no one else around had its merits. With no other eyes, I can feel less restrained than usual.

I showed my servants a beautiful smile.

"They're so charming when they do something like this."

Vernon's eyebrows went up a little.

"I expected you would react in another way."

I stepped forward enthusiastically as I put my hands behind me, trying to show my cuteness and joy for my parents' efforts.

"How else would I react? They are only showing care for me, and I'm happy because of that. Although, to be honest, it is a bit embarrassing to hear."

I giggled quietly as my eyes darted everywhere.

"I see. His Majesty will be overjoyed if he hears about this."

"Eh? Don't tell him!"

I waved my hands frantically as a faint color of red appeared on my cheeks.