fifteen

KEY:
(Y/N) - Your Name
(F/D) - Favourite Drink
(F/F) - Favourite Food
(E/C) - Eye colour

Written on 30/4/21, WC: 1001

-

[ 2nd Person POV ]

Blue, or rather, Ciel Phantomhive; settled himself on loveseat in your living room. He sat uncomfortably, feeling embarrassed and exposed due to the unfortunate.. Wardrobe malfunction of sorts. You thanked Sebastian for managing the situation quickly.

You handed Ciel a steaming cup of earl grey and he took it greatfully, giving you an awkward smile. You hummed, looking out the window for a moment.

Sebastian sighed. "In a room with two awkward young adults, what is a demon to do.." He mutters to himself and puts a hand to his forehand. He suddenly claps, startling both you and his Master. He instinctively catches Ciel's cup of tea and its contents and gracefully places it onto the coffee table. "Now, shall we talk?" Sebastian begins with a smile.

Ciel rolls his eye at the butler's obvious move to show-off and clears his throat. "So.. Uh, (Y/N). I would like to express my gratitude for taking Sebastian and I under your care," You nod along to his words and giggle at his conflicted expression. Ciel flusters under your gaze and avoids eye-contact with you, choosing to stare into his cup of tea instead. "As a way to thank you, you may ask any questions to Sebastian and I pertaining to our origins." He finishes.

You intertwine your hands together and place your head onto it, blowing a stray lock of hair out of your face as you ponder. "Hmm.." You say slowly, your eyes flicking towards Sebastian. His crimson eyes meet yours, and he gives you a gentle smile. You gasp and sit upright, remembering the question you had asked the butler earlier before Ciel had unknowingly interrupted.

"What time are you from?"

Sebastian and Ciel tilted their heads in confusion, "Time?" Sebastian chuckles and glances at the wall clock, "It's 3 in the afternoon, (Y/N). Just nice for tea-time." He replies amusedly.

You shook your head and laughed. "No, not that silly! I meant as in era. For example, the medieval times or the Victorian era."

Ciel's mouth forms an 'O'-shape, "Ah..." He trails off, looking at his butler for help. Sebastian catches the hint and clears his throat.

"Well... Technically you're not wrong." The butler says casually and shrugs. You furrowed your eyebrows and looked at him confusedly, "Then?"

Sebastian put a hand to his chin, "How do I put this simply.. We're from the Victorian era, year 1899. Ciel is head of the Phantomhive estate, and I am his butler."

You blinked and looked at him blankly. Sebastian had spoken so quickly in one breath that it took you a moment to process his words. "You're kidding, right?" You asked. The master-and-butler pair shook their heads. "Entirely the truth, (Y/N)."

You looked out the window again, noticing the same owl from a few nights ago sitting on the windowsill. Its large green eyes stared back at you, full for curiosity; almost as if it had been eavesdropping the entire conversation.

You slumped your shoulders and shrugged, "It makes sense," Ciel stared at you weirdly. "That's it? You're not angry or anything?"

You nodded, "Yup. If two of my pets are actually humans from the Victorian era, everything else suddenly seems plausible," You took a sip from your own cup of (F/D). You stared intensely into Ciel's cerulean eye, "Unless of course, there's something else you're hiding?"

Ciel stuttered, trying to get a proper sentence out. Sebastian stifled a laugh, this was one of the rare times he had seen his Master acting in such a manner. You watched in amusement at Ciel's flustered-ness and burst out laughing. "I'm just messing with you!" He glared at you, his cheeks still ablaze from embarrassment.

As your laughing died down, you waved a hand dismissively. "However, if you seriously have other vital information, I would rather have you tell me now. If you want to stay here and become friends, our friendship needs to start on honesty." You said. Ciel could tell despite your smile, you were being serious. He nodded in agreement, "Very well, (Y/N)."

Ciel lifted his fringe, revealing his right eye and opened it. The contract mark shines brightly under the ceiling light, contrasting against the dark colour of his hair. You studied the intricate design, realising that it was the same one that Sebastian hand on the back of his hand. "Let me guess, you're bound to Sebastian?"

Ciel scoffed and turned his head to the side, the bell of his collar ringing. "More like he is bound to me. At least until my wish is fulfilled,"

"And your wish?"

Ciel leaned his head on his hand, staring solemnly at the floor. "I'll tell you about that another time." You frowned, but decided to not press on it. You had secrets of your own, after all.

Sebastian bowed towards you, one hand over his head and the other at his side. "Sebastian Michaelis, head butler of the Phantomhive estate and demon bound to Ciel Phantomhive."

You raised an eyebrow at Sebastian's sudden actions. Everyone in the room went silent for a moment as Ciel and Sebastian watched you curiously. Much like your reaction earlier on in the conversation, you shrugged with a carefree smile. "Well, it makes sense." You said again.

Ciel narrowed his gaze, looking at you bewildered. "Again, you're not mad or think we're joking?"

You shook your head. "Like I said, if my pets are actually humans from the Victorian era; certainly anything is possible! That includes the supernatural stuff like demons," You pointed at Sebastian.
Sebastian watched in amusement, the corners of his lips turning upwards into a smile.

You rubbed your chin, looking at the demon. "What's next? Are the other ones that I rescued; humans too? Or are they some other type of supernatural?"