43: Baby talk

AUTHOR'S P.O.V

A few weeks after that day, Arthur often took Josh to meet Thea. Josh has always been excited whenever his father takes him to meet her. For Josh, Thea is like his new bestfriend. He loves her company, and he surely loves spending time with her.

Arthur was glad that his son loves Thea, he can see it by the way his son enjoys spending time with her. Even once he found him sleeping in her arms.

But he was also worried about Jessy. Jessy has started the chemo for a few days. Each time she did, she would have to leave Josh with Arthur, or to her parents' house, as Josh is not allowed to come to the hospital. Arthur was worried with the side effect of chemo that took over her. She became even more lethargic, often gets tired to do things, he was also worried that she somehow started to lose her appetite and refused to eat a lot.

Jessy told him it was normal to have that side effect, she had been through that many years ago too. But still, Arthur felt worried about her health.

"Do you need anything?" He asked after he drove her home from the hospital.

She shook her head and sat on the kitchen chair. "I'm fine. I'm just gonna go to sleep then I should be fine"

He nodded his head. "Okay, just call me if you need help or anything"

"Thanks, Arthur"

He tried to visit as much as he can, not only for Josh but also for Jessy. He knew Jessy needed all the support too, and as his old bestfriend, he would be there to help her.

Thea understood his worry of her. Arthur did told her how he feels about Jessy's health. If she were him, she would be worried of Jessy too. Sometimes Thea came to visit Jessy as well, she knew Jessy needs a female company too. They had gotten closer that Thea considered her as her friend.

"How does it feel, to live your life?" Jessy asked of all sudden. Thea came to visit her in the hospital and stayed for the next few hours.

Thea was confused with her question. "What do you mean?"

"You live a perfect life, I guess. Being healthy and happy," Jessy replied, closing her eyes as the dizziness started to kick in after the chemo. "I want that too"

Thea was unsure if it was the side effect of the chemo, or Jessy was being honest to her about the question. Regardless, Thea never considered her life as perfect. It was far from that.

"My life is never perfect, it's really far from being perfect. Sure I'm grateful for my health, but I used to live a tough life before I married Arthur"

"What was your life like back then?"

Thea rested her back on the sofa. She didn't quite like telling people about her past, but she sensed that Jessy needed a motivation to live her life.

"My world was falling apart when my parents passed away from a horrific accident, I was 20 back then," she started, remembering those hard days when she lost her parents. "I went through a phase where I lost all ambition to live. I had no one else, except Arthur's parents, who's kindly enough to take care of me after I lost my parents. I had to marry a man who hated all my guts, living with him in the same house but different rooms. I had to live my life where I was put in a loveless marriage. That was a horrible feeling"

Jessy never knew that Thea and Arthur were not in love when they got married. It was new to her. She can clearly see how much Arthur loves Thea now, so it shocked her to know that Arthur used to hate Thea. And clearly she didn't expect that their marriage was an arranged.