33.

"I let my guard down and then you pulled the rug, I was getting kinda used to be someone you loved."

***

It was too good to be true

I was the only one at fault here. I knew something like this would happen, I had a persistent gut feeling that warned me. But still, I was stubborn. I held onto the thought that maybe, just maybe the odds would be in our favour. Maybe despite everything, we would overcome every obstacle the world threw at us. But God, was I naïve.

Which led me to this exact moment. I had gone through two whole boxes of tissue, each individual piece lay messily scattered across my bedroom floor. My body was nestled comfortably under my sheets, shielding me from the outside world. Celine would come in hourly, forcing me to sip some water or eat some of the food she had surprisingly made for me—no kitchens burned down in the process.

I declined her offer, only grabbing a few bites to ease the worry lines on her forehead once in a while. "Come on Gi, who doesn't love pizza?"

"Hmmph." I mumbled, my voice muffled by the thick sheets that completely covered my head. "What was that?" she asked, inching towards me. "Go away." I sniffled lightly, trying to hold back my tears, but unfortunately, I was too weak, and they dripped out of my eyes rapidly. I ferociously wiped them off my face but it was no use.

I felt the bed dip on the other side and soon enough, the warm shield of blankets were ripped from my face and I let out a whine. "Leave me alone." I mumbled incoherently, my eyes tightly shut, avoiding the sunlight that so brightly shone through my windows

"You can't throw your life away over him Gi, it's not worth it." Her hands dragged through the messy lump of hair on my head, attempting to get rid of the knots "Also, you smell like a trash can, have you showered at all in the past two days?" she brought her face closer to my figure and sniffed it. "No." I answered, finally pushing her face away from mine.

It was true, I hadn't left my bed in two days since the incident with Alex. Celine understood why for the first day, she never left my side as I cried to her for a majority of Sunday afternoon. My phone rang over thirty times that day. I ignored all his texts—all his calls and voicemails too.

"Yeah, that? That's gross. Come on." She got off the bed and completely pulled the cozy blankets off me and I groaned in disapproval. "I don't want to go anywhere. Leave me alone Cel, please." I begged, looking into her eyes for dramatic affect. She only sighed, rolling her eyes in the process.

"I hate seeing you like this."

I bit my lip to prevent the tears from slipping out my eyes once more. "I know."

"Okay, let's make a deal." She walked over to me, avoiding the massive heap of tissue paper that was all over the floor and finally sitting herself on the edge. "Come out with Az and I today, for three hours max." I opened my mouth to protest but she stopped me by pressing her index finger to my lips. I narrowed my eyes at her and she dropped her finger. "Anyway, if you aren't having a good time I will personally drive you home to bathe in your own self-pity and..." her eyes glanced around the room. "Snot." I didn't miss the disgusted look in her eyes and I rolled my eyes.