-184-

-jake's pov-

"park hyomin" i called her with my neutral voice and she immediately turned her head towards my direction.

"wait.. do i know you?" she looked at my face and i raised my brows.

"oh! psyche's man..." she suddenly remembered.

"i want to talk to you, when are you available?" she looked surprised with my question, she smiled before tucking her hair behind her ears.

"i am available now" she sweetly answered. gross.

"let's go?" she smiled before tugging behind me.

we entered the near coffee shop, and i ordered our drinks since its my treat. "iced coffee na lang 'yung sa'kin. i don't drink hot coffee kasi eh" i didn't answered but i ordered what she wants.

i sat across her and she did just looked at me.

"what do you want from me?" she broke the silence.

"did something came up with psyche and you again?" she frowned.

"what? i don't care about that bitch, did you just ask me to go out just because of her?" she annoyingly replied.

"don't call her like that" nagsisimula pa lang pero malapit na maputol ang pasensya ko sa kanya.

"it's a fact" she whispered. "are you sure you don't have any connection with her these past few weeks? she's acting weirdly" she sipped on her coffee before she laughed in a fake one.

"oh maybe because of her father"

"what's with her father?" she smiled at me, sumandal sya sa kinauupuan nya at tiningnan ako.

"i heard they are suffering from being bankrupt now. kalat na din sa news na may other family ang dad nya" i stayed silent... maybe that is the reason.

"she might also thinking about her mother's health. i just heard it through my dad and i don't care anymore" she stood up and i looked at her.

"thanks for the treat" i stayed there for an hour thinking about my next plan.

i don't actually have an idea. i was occupied about her... she might been feeling so down right now, it must very tough for her.. i should have been with her. i should atleast hug her to make her feel that she's not alone.

i have a lot of thoughts when i arrived at tita amor's house, nandoon na din ang mga itlog at naghahanda sila sa malaking table sa garden ni tita amor.

"jake!" bati ni heeseung hyung at ngumiti ako sa kanya. "nalate ka?" dugtong nya.

"may dinaanan nga lang ako" iniripan ko sya at dumeretso sa table para kumuha ng barbeque na iniihaw ni jay.

"kingina, wala ka naman ambag tapos kakain ka na agad" natawa ako kay jay kaya lumayo na ako dahil baka sumigaw na naman yun, ang ingay pa naman.

naupo ako sa upuan malapit sa pool, naramdaman kong may tumabi sa akin kaya napalingon ako sa kanya.

"are you okay?" i nodded on him, "oo naman, hoon" inabot nya sa akin ang beer na dala nya at agad ko naman iyon kinuha bago ininom.

"gusto kong may gawin, pero hindi ko alam kung paano..." i sighed.

"i am being confused and afraid hoon, paano kung.. sa huli ako na naman ang masaktan dito?" he pat my shoulder and shooked his head.

"you probably met her with a reason, jake.. you love her.. and that is the reason" i stopped.

"and what if she really doesn't like me just like what she said?" i heard he sighed.

"come on! you really believed in her?" umiling ako, "what should i do now hoon? i don't want to confess at her while she's having a hard time"

"let's help her first, we should not let her feel that she's alone" i smiled on him and he pat my back again.

i enjoyed the night with the itlogs and tita amor. it was almost midnight and everyone is sleeping already but i can't sleep now.

mas pinili ko na lang na maupo sa sala habang kunwari na binasa ang libro ko, pero sa totoo lang wala naman akong maintindihan... hindi din ako antukin.

"jakey, bakit hindi ka pa natutulog?" napalingon ako kay tita amor na may dalang basong tubig, mukhang nagising sya.

"hindi lang po ako makatulog tita" i answered at her.

"are you thinking about psyche?" i frowned.

"how did you know?" she smiled, "you totally forgot that i am like cupid's right hand, huh" she laughed a bit.

"tita... is she really the one?" i almost whispered. "is she really the one?" she asked me back placing the glass of water on the table infront of us.

"i want to," i answered honestly.

"alam mo ba na madaming klase 'yung soulmates?" i looked at her and chose to listen.

"irene is a soul crossing in your life, you used to believe that she's the one but universe felt that you two don't belong to each other, you know why?"

"maybe because, madami pa naman akong pwedeng makilala?" she nodded immediately.

"cupid was dumb to let you feel the pain before because of irene right?" i nodded

"what did you learn?"

"i.. i am lucky, because i met her, she taught me a lot of things, she taught me that love, it can also be a concept of letting go" tita amor smiled at me once again.

"but once you found your soulmate, there isn't about idea of letting go anymore.. because you will always choose to hold her for the rest of your life. it's because of your ties. your red strings will never break the two of you apart, it helped you two to become more stronger, to hold the two of you together" she explained.

that's amazing... it must be feel amazing that someone will hold you forever.

"did you ever think to let go psyche?" i remained silent.

i have never, and i will never.

"if you didn't, then congratulations jake. i am happy for you," she stood up with her glass of water.

i watched her walking away and i just found myself smiling.

i can't fail again this time psyche, i love you... and please let our red strings of fate  ties us together, in this lifetime.