Eighteen

The drive back to Easton's house was peaceful, his hand in mine while he drove

The drive back to Easton's house was peaceful, his hand in mine while he drove. I had an uneasy stomach about the whole situation. The second time someone had threatened me, there was a pit in my stomach that I could not get rid of. Easton was always by my side, I don't believe he would let something happen, but I couldn't ignore the feeling.

Being with him, I would have to risk my life, and I don't know if I was ready to risk that for someone. But the feelings that he brings on make me feel otherwise.

The butterflies erupted in my stomach when I felt his hand squeeze mine, I look over and give him a smile before looking out the window once again. The sky had now become orange with the sun slowly setting, it was so beautiful that I almost didn't realize that East had driven us somewhere other than his house.

I turn to him as he puts the car in park, "East where are we? I thought we were going home."

"Come on," Is all he says as he exits the car. When I get out I realize that we are in the woods. Panic went through my head as I looked around me.

I feel his hand touch mine, "Where are we?"

He interlocks our hands before pulling me along with him into the woods, "you better hurry up Lyla, or you'll miss it."

I put my worries behind me and walk with him, after 5 minutes we reach a peak of the trees. When the trees open up, I am in awe. We are on a cliff, the sun setting behind the mountains.

The orange and red sky is immaculate, I've never seen a more pretty view in my life. I walk towards the edge and take in the view.

"See I knew you would like it here, you stare out the window every time we are ever in the car," I hear him say from behind me, and when I turn to see him my face grows pale.

He's holding a gun, and it's pointed at me.

His eyes were glossed over showing no emotion, He stalks towards me and I had nowhere to go, I was on the edge. I tried to scream but nothing came out of my mouth. The scream was stuck in my throat as were my sobs. I watched as he stalked towards me, when he finally reached me he pushed the gun into my stomach.

I could hear his voice taunting me, "Lyla," I felt his breath against my neck, "Lyla how foolish were you to trust me."

I couldn't move, I was paralyzed in fear. I could hear his taunting laughter in my ear. He was going to kill me, my gut feeling was right.

I felt his hand grip my shoulder and for the first time my voice could be heard when I screamed hearing the trigger being pulled.

I jolted up and looked around me, I was on the couch and Easton was beside me, his hand on my shoulder. He looked at me shocked and I could feel the tears running down my face.

"What's wrong," he asked and I shook my head turning away from him. His eyes were full of emotion unlike in the dream, his words didn't sound taunting anymore. And he doesn't push for an answer.