Twenty-five

I feel a kiss placed on my forehead, causing my eyes to flutter open

I feel a kiss placed on my forehead, causing my eyes to flutter open. Easton is standing beside the bed, his face close to mine. "I have to leave now Ly, please call me if you need anything, and Brian's number is in the kitchen," he whispers before placing a kiss on my lips.

I don't recognize what's happening, my brain is still focused on sleep. Several hours later it hits me when East isn't in bed. I feel my heart sink, he left, and I don't know when he's coming back, or what he's doing.

I told him I would be fine, but I hate being alone. Even when I was living with Trevor, no matter what he did to me, I felt more comfortable knowing that he was downstairs drunk than being alone.

I wrapped a blanket around my shoulders as I open Easton's bedroom door up, the undeniable silence makes me uncomfortable. I feel shakey, the silence brings me no joy. I grab a water bottle from the kitchen and lay on the couch.

I flicked the TV on, selecting a random movie to distract me, from my brain thinking of scenarios to scare me. 30 minutes into the movie, my stomach growls with hunger. I end up making some pancakes, too many in all reality. Half of the pancakes end up being thrown in the garbage seems no one else was here to eat them.

I eat in silence, glancing at my phone,

Easton: Are you okay?

No

Me: Yes, you don't need to worry.

Easton: Please let me know if you need anything Ly.

I smile at his worriness, he's sweet when he wants to be. I set my plate in the sink, rinsing it off before putting it in the dishwasher. The silence made me too uncomfortable. "Come on Lyla there is nothing to be scared of," I say to myself walking up the stairs. Time was feeling slow but going by so fast.

I lay down on my bed, picking up my phone. My fingers dial the number before my mind thinks. The first ring she picks up, "Hello?"

"Hi Megan," I say with a smile on my face, that I wasn't alone anymore.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asks.

"Nothing, I was just bored, nothing really to do when you're all alone." I chuckle feeling stupid about being scared.

"Well do you-" she's cut off, all I hear is mumbling in the background, "Lyla I really have to go, I'm sorry. I'll call you back in a bit?"

"Of course, don't worry about it," the line goes dead and she's gone.

I close my eyes, deep breath in, deep breath out.

I feel the need to do something, something to get my mind off the overwhelming thought of being alone. The next several hours of the afternoon are spent looking at my old pictures along with making notes, sticking them in my box for safekeeping. For everything, I keep behind, that I keep in silence.