Twenty

I can feel the tears threatening to fall once I reach the elevator, when I step in I have a clear view of the front of the building

I can feel the tears threatening to fall once I reach the elevator, when I step in I have a clear view of the front of the building. He had already left, he didn't try to apologize, he didn't come after me, he didn't care. And that's what hurt the most.

I could feel the tears slowly slipping down my face, 'Come on Lyla, you don't need him, you're strong.' I told myself.

When the elevator opened I walked down to Megan's apartment and knocked on the door. I impatiently waited for her to answer so I could finally be free of this pain I felt. When the door swung up I was met with Dante, who instantly got red when he saw me.

"Is Megan here?" I ask and he moves aside for me to step in.

I look around her apartment then turn to Dante, "Why-" I'm cut off by Dante walking out of Megan's apartment leaving me alone. I look at her counter and see a vase filled with white roses, he actually listened to me for once.

"Megan," I yell before seeing Megan run out of her room.

"Lyla oh my god, what are you doing here!?" She screams pulling me into a tight hug.

"Long story, how are you feeling? Where did you get those roses?"

"I feel a lot better in all honesty, I don't get out much though, taking it easy still. As for those roses, Dante brought them earlier but I guess he snuck out," she states, her cheeks turning red. 'I'll ask her about it later,' I think to myself.

"How are things with you." She questions

I spill everything, tears running down my face, I couldn't hold it in any longer. There's a torturous pain I can feel in my heart as Megan sits there and listens to me. Everyone warned me, Joey, Dante, Megan, and I still fucking tried to find the good side, the happiness. And the result came back, he could never be happy. For some reason that hurt more than anything, Easton had never intentionally tried to hurt me, but the minute I saw the flames in his eyes and his white knuckles as he dragged me to the car, that was a different side of him that I'd never seen.

"Well fuck Easton then," Megan states getting off the couch, I watch as she walks over to the fridge, opening the freezer and takes the tub of ice-cream out. She carries it over with 2 spoons and places it on the coffee table.

"Lyla, do you love him?" She questions turning to me.

Do I love Easton? No, of course not. What kind of question was that? How could I love him, it's not like we were dating, or that we have been together for a long amount of time. Just because he gave me butterflies, made me happy, gave me a reason to carry on, saved me, and promised to protect me, doesn't mean I was in love with him. No, I couldn't be. Not now, not ever.

Contradicting myself I look to Megan and announced quietly, "No, but it could've."

The whole night Megan and I spent watching romcoms and eating ice-cream. We started with 'Notting Hill', then 'Pretty woman', carried onto 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days'. After that I lost count on what we watched.