Twenty-six

I scream running away as he catches up to me tackling me on the ground, I hadn't seen my best friend in 2 months and when I finally saw him, he wanted a hug, so I ran

I scream running away as he catches up to me tackling me on the ground, I hadn't seen my best friend in 2 months and when I finally saw him, he wanted a hug, so I ran. I was only 12 what else was I supposed to do.

"Leave me alone," I scream as he lands next to me on the ground.

"I missed you, Lyla, you and you're mom haven't been here in 2 months, what was I supposed to do without you."

"I know, but she's getting sick again," I whisper with a sad smile.

"Hey, don't worry, she will be okay," he said giving me a sad smile.

For an hour we had laid on the grass talking about what has happened in the past two months with school and with family. "I promise I'll always protect you, Ly, you're my favourite person, I wouldn't let anything happen to you. Please don't leave again, what if next time you don't come back." He pleads.

"You'll still be my best friend." I smile.

That was the last day I ever saw him, 4 months later my mom had died. Leaving me to move away with Trevor and my aunt. Grief overtaking me from then on.

My body jolted up from the bed, in a room full of darkness. I could barely see my hands when I held them up to my face, I felt compelled to try and move, but the weight was on my legs and the sound of chains hitting together filled the room.

I rack my brain for an answer to this unruly settlement. The room, the pictures, the phone call the hand, the needle.

"Help!" I yelled trying to get out of the grasps of the chains that held me in place. There was no way out, I was going to die.

Dreadful thoughts ran around my head, the things I hadn't been able to do, or see. I had so much more I wanted to complete in life, I wasn't ready to be pulled into something like this.

My eyes focusing on my surroundings, a dark room, with a rotten bed. There is a sink in the corner along with a toilet. A small window above the bed, and a door. Ways to get out.

My thoughts went to Easton, I needed him. I wanted him to tell me that I would be alright, but he hurt me. I would rather be hurt by him than anyone else.

The sound of keys clinking together startles me, the door swings open slamming against the cement wall.

"Ah, you fucking bitch, you're already awake." The voice taunted, the body of the voice moved forwards towards me. I pushed myself farther into the bed hoping I could disappear.

I let out a scream, "stay away from me." Which only made the man laugh. As he moved closer it became more apparent who was in front of me.

"Now Lyla, do you have an apology for me?" He questioned.

A tear trickled down my cheek, I was going to die. I didn't voice my fear, sitting completely still on the bed as I watched Trevor continue to move towards me.