Twenty-three

The sound of yelling makes me jolt up from the bed, as nosey as I am, I walk over and open the door

The sound of yelling makes me jolt up from the bed, as nosey as I am, I walk over and open the door. It's definitely Easton yelling, his voice more dominant than the other person.

"No, what the fuck I don't want everyone here," He yells

"Well too fucking bad Easton, they will be here tomorrow, hire some maids or get that girl to fucking clean this place, it's a mess," the other voice says calmly.

"You don't fucking talk about Lyla like that," Easton raises his voice.

And then there was silence, not another word out of either of them. I watch as Easton moves up the stairs and I close the door quietly as if I wasn't listening. I run over to the bed and pull the covers over me. I hear him whisper as he enters the room, "Lyla?"

I sit up and smile at him, "You're up," his frown turns to half a smile

"We're going out tonight," he states walking into his closet.

"Do I have a choice?" I question laying back onto his bed.

"Of course you do, but I still owe you a date and I already book reservations," he declared.

When he came back out, he had some sport shorts on, one of the only times I hadn't seen him "dressed up." He laid down beside me, both arms over his head, and his eyes closed.

"So, you don't have business today?" I question turning towards him.

"No, I'm all yours," he mumbles wrapping his arm around me.

"Wanna watch Great Gatsby?" I question reaching over him and grabbing the remote.

"Never seen it, what's it about?"

"What the fuck, we are so watching it now," I pronounce hitting his chest.

"It's sexy when you swear," he mumbles kissing my neck.

~2 and a half hours later~

I can feel the tears running down my face and the credits start to roll, I turn over and look at Easton and he's watching me. His hand caressed my face, "Don't cry."

"How can I not, he died." I sniffle.

"I know, but it'll be okay," he shushes rubbing my back. I don't know why I tortured myself with sad movies.

I wipe my tears, "Leonardo DiCaprio is hot."

"I'm hotter," he states.

"A close second," I chuckle

I feel his hands move and an annoyingly funny sensation happens to make me laugh. I realize he's tickling me, fleetingly lose control over my body which instinctively wiggles and tries to slither out of Easton's grasp.

"Tell me I'm hotter than that dumb ass, and I'll stop," he demands while I'm still laughing.

"ok...your...hot..ter" I get out in between gasp of air. I feel his hands stop and he pulls me against him.