Italy In The Spring *

AN: THE FINAL CHAPTER!!!!

I'll post an author's note so I don't make this long, but I just wanted to say I love you all so, so much. Thank you for everything <3 Gosh I could cry. 

And I'm so, so sorry it's been a month since I've last posted, oh my god. I think I've been subconsciously holding myself back from writing because I don't want it to end <3

~Alex

●●●●●

The Flower and the Capolavoro.

We're two people who just so happen to be so in love with each other that no words can explain exactly how in love we are. No grand gesture or describing words can even begin to describe the love we hold in our hearts for the other. Even after a year apart, our love is still taking over like it never left or took a break. I feel as if Harry never left me behind in Italy and we've been living together in Paris all this time. It's beautiful really how quickly we fell back into our normal rhythm of holding each other close and never letting go.

Which is what we're doing at the moment as we lie in his bed together, my head resting on his bare chest while our legs intertwine like roots of a tree buried underneath the ground. I feel almost as if I never even left the strong embrace of his arms or went without his signature scent of jasmine tainting the air and filling my lungs.

"I've missed you so much, Capolavoro," I sigh and snuggle even closer to him, if possible. "I've missed you more than you could ever imagine."

His chest vibrates as he hums and tightens his grip around my waist, "I've missed you too, Flower."

"Can I admit something?" My voice speaks softly in the dark room, the only light coming from the Eiffel Tower shining in through the large window as raindrops continue to softly drum against the window.

Harry shifts slightly underneath me and moves my hair away from my neck, letting his fingertips glide across my skin, "What's on your mind, Flower?"

I take a deep breath and close my eyes, "I honestly thought we'd never see each other again," I admit. "I know how bad that sounds, but it's true. I mean... we live in two different countries now and the chances of accidentally running into each other are so incredibly slim. I just had this lurking feeling deep inside of me that we'd never see each other again. You'd move on and eventually so would I... then that would be the end of us. And that feeling scared the ever-living shit out of me," I pause and take a deep breath to get a grip on my emotions. "I love you, and the thought of never seeing you again is something that I'm most afraid of in the entire world."

He remains silent for a few moments, the only thing ringing in my ears being his slow heartbeat and the sound of his breathing. His fingertips continue to slightly graze the skin of my neck as he absentmindedly twirls my hair in between his fingers. It's rather calming really and helps ease the slight panic weaving its way into my brain as he continues to remain silent.

"Can I admit something too?" He finally speaks and I instantly nod my head. "I was-- am-- always going to find a way back to you."

I pick my head up to look at him with tears forming in my eyes, resting my chin on his chest as he stares down at me with the tiniest of smiles painting his lips, "What if you find someone else who makes you happier? What if you end up loving them more than you love me?"