Chapter 1

Oct 01st 2015 ; 8:42pm; San Francisco, in a random alley

"You know this wouldn't have happened if you let me do my thing." "I swear to god if you don't shut up I will kill us both" I answered the parasite, which I shared my body with since I was 17. We sat on the ground in a random alley and I held my bleeding side, which I got stabbed in. "Just fucking heal us, so I can go home." "Only because you asked so nicely, Mórrígan." Venom answered and a few seconds later it was like nothing has ever happened. No more cuts and no more probably broken rips. I got up from the ground, cleaned myself, and we left the alley. "Thanks. You hungry?" "ALWAYS" "Ok let's get changed and after that I will buy us some chocolate." "AND TATER TOTS" "and tater tots."

9:03 pm

We entered the building in which I lived, went up the stairs and slowly entered my dads and mine apartment. It was small and some walls had cracks. My room looked like a mess because I was painting it white, so it wouldn't look that bad.

My dad wasn't home yet, so I had enough time to go take a shower and change into some fresh clothes. I took some cash, wrote a note for my dad and quickly left before Venom got too hungry and couldn't control himself any longer. The store was only a few houses further, so I got there pretty fast.

"Good evening, Mrs. Chen", I greeted the small, tiny Asian woman standing behind the counter. "I was just about to close, Mórrígan." She said. "I know I just need some things", I went to the back of the store and looked at the food. "So, what do we want for tonight?" "Cheese balls, chocolate and tater tots!" I grabbed the stuff he wanted, some for me and got back to Mrs Chen. I placed the things on the counter and pulled out my last 10 dollars. "You are 5 dollars short." The woman said, while counting the one dollar bills again. "I know, and I am sorry but-" "It is okay you don't have to explain." "Thank you so much, Mrs C". Man, I loved this woman, she was like a grandma to me. She knew about my dad and his drinking problems, so she helped me out sometimes.

I ran back to the apartment and got into my room to avoid my father, who was probably already drunk. I locked myself in, and we ate. "You know I can just kill him if you want." "We talked about this" I sighed and ate another cheese ball. "If he dies, where do we sleep then? And you only eat bad people." I hated my dad, but he was the one who paid most of the rent. Without him, I would've had nothing. "Right."

Oct 02nd; 5:33 am;

I left my apartment and got to the coffee shop in which I work from 6am to 2pm, from Monday to Friday, as a barista. The people I work with are nice, but sometimes annoying. They are always so loud and happy, which I honestly don't understand. How can you smile at 6 am? I guess I'm not a morning person.

I arrived at 5:48 and made myself an Americano before I started work because that was the only coffee venom tolerated. "Good Morning Morgan." The high-pitched voice behind almost made me flinch, but I recognized it instantly: Cindy. The most stupid girl I have ever met. She can't pronounce my name, so I told her to just call me Morgan. "Morning" Before we could start a conversation, I put on my apron, put my hair in a low bun and got myself behind the corner, ready for the customers. "If I will ever become a serial killer, I'll kill her first." Venom's deep laugh made me smile.

Oct 02nd; 6:00am; Avenger Tower

"I hope you have a good reason to call a meeting this early, Stark" Sam Wilson who was still in his pajamas said to the billionaire. The team sat on the large table, all pretty tired, besides Tony. "Yes I do Wilson. Last night, Fury contacted me and informed me about 3 men who got beaten up in San Francisco by a woman." "And? That is not really an avenger problem." Natasha Romanoff said annoyed. "That's what I thought until he sent me the security footage." He pointed at the screen behind him, and a video started playing. It showed the 3 men harassing a teenage girl and touching her against her will. After a few seconds a woman showed up, and punched the biggest one of them in the face gaining the others' attention. The girl took her chance and ran a way. The woman fought against them, dodging every punch, and causing 2 oft them to fall to the ground. But suddenly the last one pulled out a knife and stabbed her a few times with it and kicked her after she fell to the ground. The man helped the others up, and they ran away letting the woman behind them. She crawled away into an alley in which were no cams.

"Oh dear, is she dead", Loki asked, still looking on the screen. He was forced by his father to live in Midgard for a few years with his brother, so that's why he was there. "No. That is where it's getting interesting. Jarvis, show them." "Yes sir." All of them looked confused and shocked at the monitor. The woman came out without any Injuries and looked like nothing happened besides the small blood stain on her side. "I don't understand." James Barnes said confused. "Wasn't she like, stabbed and stuff? How can she-" "I don't know either, but I guess we will find out later. We will go pay her a visit." Stark said and looked at his watch. "But not now. It is only 3:00 am In San Francisco so... Romanoff, Barnes, Rogers, Wilson, a few agents and I will fly at 10 am New York time, so we'll arrive at 12 pm San Francisco time. We then ask her to come with us. If she says no, then we will have to force her."

"Sounds a little rough? Is that really necessary?" "Yes Steve it is. So go and prepare yourself." Tony said and pointed at the door. "Do you even know her name?" Clint Barton asked, his eyebrows furrowed. "Of course." The team stared at him, waiting for an answer.

"And that is..." Wilson said still looking at Stark. "Oh right. It's Mórrígan Brock. She lives with her dad in an old apartment and works as a barista... You can go now, meeting is over." He gestured to the door, waiting for each of them to leave, so they can prepare themselves.