Chapter 5

(1739 words :D)
Ford stormed through the corridor with his Beta and Delta trailing behind. The clack of their loafers tapped in unison as they searched across the entire second floor for Penny.

"Well that was an absolute shit show," Everrett said loosening his tie. Miles through his head back and groaned.

"Why don't you just marry the girl huh Ford? I mean she pretty, she's smart and she seems charismatic! She even said her goal was to be a good mother," Miles slurred putting his hand on his Alpha's shoulder.

Ford turned around and began to walk backwards.

"I know but I'm not seventeen yet. I still have time to find my mate," he shrugged "Plus I feel like I'm getting close to finding them."

Miles only sighed till he froze. He closed his eyes and sniffed the air.

"Do you smell that? Or is it just me?" Miles asked. They stopped walking to take a small whiff of what he was asking about. It was the smell of baby powder and warm sugar cookies. It was Penny's scent.

Ford barreled towards the direction of the scent and soon found himself in front of Mr.Cowal's room. He peeked through the glass window but no one was in there. He sniffed the air again. He swiveled around to find Penny standing in the doorway.

He let out a huge sigh of relief. He stepped towards her ready to lecture her ear off but he froze in his tracks after looking into her eye. Her large eyes were no longer a deep spiraling blue but an peridot green.

That could only mean one thing.

"Welcome back Beatrice," Ford bowed.

Beatrice was Penny's wolf but it was a rather difficult situation. Beatrice was unlike many wolfs as she was an elder spirit.

"Hello to you too Ford," she gave a small curtsy. Ford tried to mind link the boys to warn them that it wasn't Penny but it was too late.

"Penny you scared the sh-"Miles yells turning the corner.

"Yeah Penny you totally sc-," Everrett said trailing behind.

Unfortunately Ford has been too late, once they made their way to the doorway, they stood there just confused.

Why would Ford be bowing to Penny? Oh Shit-

It collectively clicked in both the boys minds. Miles cursed to himself as he kneeled and Everret shaking in his loafers said nothing.

Her small body walked gracefully past Ford and to the kneeling boys. She snagged them both by the ears.

"How many times do I have to tell you to respect your elder," she screamed at the young men.

"Sorry Lady Beatrice," they apologized in unison.

"Lady Beatrice, as much as we enjoy your presence," Ford swallowed harshly "Why are you here?"

"Well Penelope said the body was tired. She wanted to sleep but I must talk to your father tonight," she sighed letting the boys ears go.

"Maybe she wouldn't have been so sleepy if she hadn't run around the entire second floor. Anyways is it a private matter?," he asking leaning against the teacher's desk crossing his arms.

"Penelope stated several times that she did not want to attend today's botched attempt at a progressive meeting. I'll take it that the Moss Claw pack still wants you to marry their heiress," she brushing out the little wrinkles on her dress. She was trying to change the subject but when Ford just started back not giving an answer she sighed "Yes it is a private matter."