Chapter 36

"Hey, Sam, I'm gonna need a ride." You called, running to the edge of the helicarrier while Steve fought off agents.

"Let me know when you're ready." He flys towards the helicarrier.

"I just did!" You jump from the ship as Sam flies just in time to catch you from falling.

"You know, you're a lot heavier than you look." He comments with a chuckle as you both land and March onto the last helicarrier, together.

"That's not very nice" you scold in a motherly way, silently making fun of Steve. You are pushed to the side, surprisingly by the winter soldier.

"Y/n!" Sam goes to save you but the winter soldier grabs his wing and throws him back. Sam starts to shoot the man until he hides behind some cargo to avoid the bird mans fire. The falcon takes this time to save you but the winter soldier has other plans as he grapples the wing on Sam's back and pulls it clean off. Sam free falls off the ship as the winter soldier had just kicked him off with only one wing.

"Y/n? Y/n, come in. Are you okay?" Sam worries as he lands safely, with his parachute.

"Yeah, I'm here! I'm still on the Helicarrier. Where are you?" You question, pulling yourself up towards the top again.

"I'm grounded, the suit's down. Sorry, y/n."

"Don't worry, I got it." You promise, climbing up the rest of the way and wasting no time in rushing to switch the chip out.

You run onto the bridge where the chips are until you slow down at the sight ahead of you.

"People are gonna die, James

"People are gonna die, James. I can't let that happen." You tell him seriously as he just stares coldly into your soul. "Please, don't make me do this." You beg, trying to get into his head. His expression doesn't change so you make the first move by pulling the gun from your hip and shooting at him but he blocks the shots with his metal arm.

Running forward you begin to fight him in hand to hand combat, him using a knife against you. He slices your side and you since in pain, but push through and continue the mission. Kicking him backwards he stands right back up, coming at you again before you take a free chance to open up the chip compartment to switch it out. You groan as he hits you from behind and pulls your hair to make you turn around and fight back. You kick him back again and quickly go back to take the chip out of the compartment to replace it. Of course as you go to replace it you are pulled back again by the winter soldier.