𝟎𝟏

"That's it for today, class is canceled the rest of the week, study or don't study, but remember I don't have to pass this class you do

"That's it for today, class is canceled the rest of the week, study or don't study, but remember I don't have to pass this class you do." The professor dismissed us.

I grabbed my papers and walked out of the building quietly. Once I got in the car, my second oldest sister, Karmyn, called me.

"Hey Kaelyn." She said and I took a deep breath before responding.

"Hey." I said sitting my stuff down in the passenger seat.

"You busy tomorrow?" She asked.

"No, why?" I asked as I put my hand on the steering wheel backing out of the parking space.

"Granny having a family reunion down her house tomorrow, everybody gone be there." She said.

"She couldn't tell me herself?" I chuckled.

"You know she been busy." She excused.

"I don't know, I don't think I'll be wanted there." I said.

"Kaelyn you know that's a lie plus we haven't all been in the same room in a while. It'll be good to see everybody." She said referring to my other siblings.

"Okay, I'll go but I won't hesitate to leave if I'm uncomfortable." I agreed.

"Of course, see you tomorrow love you." She said.

"Love you too." I hung up.

I haven't seen my other sister and brother in about 2 years and the same goes for my father.

My family is very complicated and sometimes I feel like I'm not accepted. They made me feel like I was alone mentally, like I had nobody.

I was the outcome of an affair that happened outside of my father's marriage. He got his wife and my mom pregnant around the time and some people in the family don't like me because of that.

My mother died giving birth so I grew up in the same household as my siblings but I was always treated differently especially by my grandmother.

There's no telling what I'll walk into tomorrow, it can be good or bad.

❏❏❏

As soon as I went into the shared condo I had with my two friends, they turned around.

"Bout time you here, we was finna start the movie without you." Dayla said eating popcorn.

"If y'all would've went to your classes like me, we would've been here the same time." I laughed.

"Fuck college, imma still go next week though." Nariyah said and we heard a knock on the door.

"Who is that?" I whispered.