Chapter 14

When the sun rose, Hope woke up and and rubbed her eyes a bit. She yawned and stared at the ceiling, letting out a sigh. She knew they needed to get back on the road. But she wanted to talk to her subconscious again. Even though she just had. She frowned and got dressed into the clothes they had picked up at a quick stop on the way. She grabbed her bag and sifted through it, picking up the crystal and looking down at it.

Hope sighed softly, her heart longing for her time but also desperate to spend more time with her father while she could. Her mind drifted to the conversation she had with her subconscious last night.

Hope Mikaelson walked further into the woods, leaves crushing beneath her feet. She finally slowed and looked around before taking a seat up against the tree. It was the best place she could find where she had a very minimal chance of being seen. She set down the prism and leaned back against the tree.

"Mind if I join you?" a familiar voice questioned.

Hope couldnt help the smile that formed on her face as she looked over to see the prism version of her boyfriend. "Landon" she said, glad to see his face even if it wasn't actually him.

Prism Landon grinned and walked over, sitting across from her at the base of another tree. "So what's it like walking around in the past?"

"You know what it's like. You're my subconscious." Hope commented, looking at him.

"Yeah, but I'm just trying to make conversation. Besides, you know you didn't just come here to get advice. You want someone to really be able to talk to"

"Fair. And to see his face" Hope said softly. She wasn't sure she would be able to reverse the spell so she had no idea if or when she would be able to see him again. Or her friends.

Prism Landon smiled a bit at her. "So what's it like?"

"Strange. Strange to see my dad again. To see Stefan Salvatore alive as well. To know my mom and Uncle Elijah are out there somewhere alive. I know what's going to happen to all of them, and I don't know what to do" Hope swallowed thickly

"Yes you do" Prism Landon said, looking at her.

Hope sighed, looking back at him. "Well, maybe I just want to be told what to do here. Maybe it will help push me into doing the right thing"

"Fine. In that case, you've already messed things up in this time. Events are already changing, whether it's small differences or major ones. You need to leave. Before your father finds out more about you than you already told him"

Hope leaned back against the tree and closed her eyes for a moment before opening them again. "I know" she said.

"I get you want to spend time with him since you never will again once you go back. But this isn't about just you. It's about the future. You don't even exist yet in this timeline. Neither do Lizzie or Josie or... me. Your existence depends on your dad meeting your mom and then having sex with her in the right place at the right time."

"And my mom was basically hate banging him so its not like I have a relationship to depend on" Hope said nervously.

"And Dr. Saltzman needs to meet the twins' mom and fall in love. And you can't exactly erase yourself from everyone's memories because then it would move the malivore portal, and I might not end up existing"

"I don't even know how to reverse the spell"

"Well, work on figuring that out. Or create a new one. It's not the first time you have written a spell."