||Threat||

A/N:

Thanks for 100k guys!

I'm not the happiest with this chapter but I wanted to get something out for you guys. Updates are gonna be a bit slow for the next few weeks, exams are killing mee ;(

~

My feet echoed throughout empty halls, my heavy boots meeting ceramic

Rose's words played throughout my mind on repeat, buffering and starting over like a broken record.

I didn't want to startle her further with my anger. My skin crawled at even the thought of scaring her.

I thanked the gods she couldn't see through me. She would be met with spindled webs of misery, patterned haphazardly and strewn in darkened corners of my even darker mind.

As I felt my bones vibrate in fury and searing heat rush to the surface of my skin, I was even more grateful that she couldn't feel it.

I rounded the corner to the King's study, knowing that he was always there, hiding his head in paperwork and books regardless of the hour.

The door was closed and I took immense pleasure in swinging it open with excessive force, enjoying the disruptive bang and squeak of the wood from my handling.

"Just...stop right there. Let me tell you how this is going to go."

I faltered in the doorway, not expecting father to be sitting in his cushioned leather chair, leg crossed and hands steepled as if he had been waiting for me.

My brows furrowed once I registered his words, and I held back a scoff at them. Was he really trying to make demands of me right now?

"You're going to sit right there," my eyes followed his hand as he gestured to the seat across from his desk, "and we are going to have a conversation. There will be no yelling, no fighting or anything else that doesn't reflect the epitome of civil. You are a man now Azrael, not a child. You should be able to communicate with words rather than resort to the use of your fists."

I still stood in the doorway, my jaw twitching at his little speech. The stubborn and spiteful part of me wanted to disregard everything he just said and tear his study apart; I wanted to shred every paper and burn every book, setting the entire room aflame by my presence alone.

I didn't want to listen to him, regardless if there was any truth to his words.

But still, I found myself slowly approaching the empty seat, and I slumped against the cool leather, huffing a small breath as my hair fell into my eyes.

"Good."

I rolled my eyes at his approval.

"Now, I know that you're upset. You have made that abundantly clear. And from your perspective, I can see how this situation may seem...unfavourable."