Chapter 38

"Steve!" You call, rushing into the hotel lobby with Sam following behind, to find Steve and Sharon waiting by the elevators.

"There's something you need to see" Sam urges, hands on his knees as he try's to catch his breath.

"A bomb hidden in a news van" The news reporter starts.

"Who's coordinating?" Sharon asked into her phone while you, Sam and Steve stared at the tv ahead.

"ripped through the UN building in Vienna." The tv continued.

"Good. They're solid. Forensics?"

"More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent, linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations."

"Oh god" you gasp, raising a hand to cover your mouth.

"I have to go to work." Sharon states.

"So do we" you state, not taking your eyes off the news ahead of you.

"I don't think that's—" Sharon starts to try and talk you out of whatever you are thinking about.

"Don't" Steve cut her off. "Don't try to stop us" the blond warned the woman. You stormed out of the hotel and into the street where Steve and Sam rushed out to meet you.

"So where do we start?" Sam looks up to the two super soldiers before him.

~~~

"Yeah?" Natasha answers her phone after a talk with prince Tchalla.

"You alright?" Steve asks the woman as he stands nearby wearing his signature undercover look of a baseball cap and sunglasses.

"Ah, yeah, thanks

"Ah, yeah, thanks. I got lucky." She frowns before standing up and looking around, knowing you and Steve won't be too far.

"I know how much Barnes means to you and y/n. I really do. Stay home. You'll only make this worse for all of us, Please."

"Are you saying you'll arrest me?"

"No. Someone will if you interfere, that's how it works now." She explains.

"If he's this far gone, Nat, we should be the one to bring him in." Steve argued.

"Why?"

"Because we're the one's least likely to die trying." He ends the call.

"So, your sure you can still take on this case?" Sam turned to look at you as you both sat at the counter in a small cafe.

"Sam I'm not going to back out of this" you tell him, not looking into his dark eyes.

"Steve told me you'd say that" he points. Suddenly the man he had just mentioned was at your side, all three of you in disguise. "She tell you to stay out of it?" Sam asked. "Might have a point." He shrugs, taking a bite of his sandwich.