VII - Vunerable

I arrived back at the house, and opened the door. Sapnap and George were standing there ready to go out. George smiled at me, Sapnap just stared. George told me they were going hunting for the night, then they left.

I went to the main room, then the kitchen, looking for Dream to tell him about Tommy's proposition. I looked in the bedroom I had been using, hoping he was in there, waiting for me.

I eventually looked in all the rooms I had been into when I heard movement from a room down the hall from mine. I knew it was him, Sapnap and George went out. I put my hand on the door thinking if i should open the door. I heard a clatter and opened the door suddenly.

Dream was kneeling by a chest on the other side of the room, facing away from me. He froze when he heard me open the door.

"Get out" His voice was angry, a voice he hadn't used with me before. If I hadn't endured the life I already have, it would have frightened me. "Now."

I took a step forward as it dawned on me. His mask was on the bed, the masked man, unmasked.

"Y/N" He stayed looking down. "Get out."

I slowly walked towards the mask on the bed and picked it up. I ran my fingers over the the smiley face, picking up on every bump and dent in the material.

I suddenly felt his hand on mine, he stood behind me, our bodies almost touching. I felt his face come over my shoulder, his mouth right by my ear.

"I told you, to get out" he whispered, sending unwanted shivers down my spine. I let out a shaky breath and tried to turn my head to see his face, he stopped it with his other hand, gently turning my head back. He pulled up the mask and put it on as I let my hand fall to my side. I turned around slightly to see his now masked face trained on mine.

"Tommy has a proposition for you" He sighed and backed away from me, sitting down on the side of the bed.

"Let's hear it" I moved round and sat next to him on the bed.

"The disks" His head perked up in interest. "in exchange for L'manberg's independence"

He sat quietly. "both of them?" I nodded.

"He said Cat and Mellohi"

"I'm guessing he gave you a time and place?" I nodded.

"At the gates, when the sun sets tomorrow" I unhooked Nightmare from the belt around my waist and passed it over to Dream. "Thank you, for, um, trusting me"

He took the axe and laid it in his lap.

"How do I know this isn't an ambush?" His question caught me by surprise. I sat, thinking for a moment.

"Use me" He looked up from the axe.

"What?" He tilted his head, curious.

"Have me at the negotiations, sword on my throat." I couldn't tell what he was thinking, so I just continued. "Even if you don't want to slit my thoat, they'll belive you will."

He looked at me. "Why are you helping me?." I could tell why he was wondering this. I had been on the ememy team, I was on no team.

So why would he even trust me at this point.

"I'm not. I'm helping myself, I want this war over as much as you do." He nodded.

I stood up, ready to retire to my bedroom. "Where would you go?" He was still speaking. I sighed and turned around. "I know your family are dead, your people, dead." He stood up. "How do you enjoy your life when your always running, from place to place.." He brought one of his arms to mine. ".. Leaving a murderous trail of blood behind you, your skin stained with the death of thousands of beings.."