Chapter Four

Aster had stood up and then asked for permission to pick me up to bring me to the kitchen and I nodded my head

He gently hooked one of his arms under my knee and the other one holding my back and then he brought me to the kitchen and set me down on one of the counter stools.

"I can make you some grilled cheese?" He asked.

"Yes, please." I said with a thankful smile.

Roger and I were supposed to have dinner together so I hadn't eaten since lunch and I was starving.

As Aster turned on the stove and started getting all the ingredients, I looked out the window and my eyes widened when I noticed how much snow had started falling.

"There's so much snow." I mumbled and Aster turned to look.

"I hope it doesn't snow this heavily the whole night." He said and I internally agreed.

As Aster cooked I realized that I would probably have to spend the night here. Or maybe he has a car and he's going to drop me off home? But it was getting really late.

"Hey, do you have a car?" I blurted out and he turned around, coming to sit next to me with the plate of grilled cheese and a glass of what looked like orange juice.

"Yes." He answered setting down the plate and grabbing a sandwich for himself and left the other one for me.

"Will you drop me off at home. Tomorrow?" I asked and he shifted in his seat.

"Hyacinth, why don't you tell me what happened today first." He said instead of answering my question and I frowned.

Oh my god what if he's another psycho and he won't let me go home and keeps me here for the rest of my life?

"You will eventually drop me off right?" I asked nervously.

"Of course I'll bring you back home." Aster said with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Now tell me, how did this happen?" He said motioning towards my bandaged leg.

"Well..." I started off nervously. "I was on a date with this guy I met a couple of days ago. He seemed really sweet but I was obviously wrong. He was dragging me deeper in the forest and I think he was trying to kidnap me.

I fought him off and managed to run away but I tripped down a hill and hurt my leg against a rock." I summarized and then took a bite out of my sandwich as he stared at me with wide eyes.

"Why do you think he wanted to kidnap you?" Aster asked after snapping out of his initial shock.

"Well." I said after swallowing, "he called someone and said 'I have her'"

"What was his name? Do you have any information on him?" He asked.

"His name is Roger, and he told me he works at the company Les Papillons." I answered.