Thirty-five

I don't know how long I sat on the bathroom floor

I don't know how long I sat on the bathroom floor. My head was spinning, I didn't notice Dante walking in and sitting beside me.

"I've never seen you get sick before E, not even when you're drunk," He stated.

I couldn't reply, my heart was in my throat.

"She is one of us Easton, no one is going to let anything happen to her. Say the word and anyone will do whatever you need." He continued.

I gave him a simple nod, my mind still processing the events I had witnessed. She is my everything, the person I couldn't lose, without losing myself first.

Dante handed me two pill bottles, "Marcus examined her, she's fine, not a scratch. Hallucinations and depression are a part of PTSD, these will help minimize that, and let her actually sleep."

I couldn't focus on what he was saying.

"She's a fighter, you know that Easton. She'll get through this, but will you?"

"The only way through this is with her," I resorted. It was true, the only way I would get through this is if she did and if she forgave me.

"That wasn't her Dante, she wasn't there, she's just a shell of Lyla."

"I know, I could see it. As if she was staring through you, as if you weren't there." He nodded.

I watched him stand up before he held his hand out, a gesture I wish I didn't need. When I finally stood up, the world felt as though it was spinning, yet my head was completely still.

Walking back into the room everything seemed to calm down, my gun was off the floor, and she was sleeping silently as if nothing even happened.

The sound of the door closing told me that Dante had left us alone. I made my way over to her side of the bed, her hair was slightly falling over her face, she seemed so relaxed. So peaceful, yet her mind was torturing her from the inside.

Her eyebrows furrowed together as she started to wake up, she was once again fighting herself, I could see the pain seeping onto her face. When her eyes finally opened, they were once again empty, with no feelings, no recognition.

"Lyla, "I softly whispered. It was like talking to a ghost, she doesn't look like she heard me, and she doesn't respond.

I grabbed one of the pill bottles, opening it before pouring one into my hand. I held the glass of water to her, she did not attempt to take it from me.

"Ly, you want him out of your head?"

There was a glimpse of something in her eyes, I could see it.

"Okay, I need you to take this then," I held the water out of her, along with the pill. She reached her hand out and took both, swallowing the pill.

I didn't realize how tired I was until I laid down in the bed merely to stay and comfort her, but instead fell asleep.

Everything seemed normal when I woke up until I looked over and noticed Lyla wasn't in the bed. I sat up, she wasn't in the room.