057

real life !

real life !

"SURPRISE!"

Aspyn was close to tears. Her hand was slightly shaking as it hovered over her mouth in shock, her eyes travelling around the room at a rapid pace, meeting the eyes of many of her friends and family. There were cute decorations, pink and white balloons scattered at the tops of the ceiling, and a large hand-made banner with the words "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASPYN!" scrubbed messily in large block letters was hung over the wall. There was a variation of food scattered across the table, and she could even spot some of her favourite Filipino foods.

She lowered her hand to reveal the large smile that was hiding behind it, feeling George's palm on her shoulder. She glanced at him, his eyes crinkling at the happiness she was radiating. "You knew about this?"

"Of course," he chuckled, gesturing her to go and mingle. "Go have fun," he whispered lowly with a smile. Aspyn stared at him — she felt thankful, so thankful that she managed to find someone like him in the whirlwind of tragedy she felt like she lived in. Without another thought, she threw her arms around him and kissed his cheek, the action causing George to blush madly in front of the entire group.

"Thank you." She said once more before scurrying off in excitement.

George's feet were planted to the ground, his hand subconsciously travelling to touch his cheek and a dazed smile stretched across his face as he did. Sapnap, who began making his way towards his friend after greeting Aspyn, bellowed in laugher and hit his friend's back. "Dude, you look like you're cosplaying the red teletubbie."

The smaller brunette could only smile. "She kissed my cheek!" He squeaked out, as if he were still in a state of disbelief. Sapnap rolled his eyes.

"You're so fucking whipped."

Aspyn had been going around the room to hug everyone and to thank them for coming, when she finally found her sister, who was stood closely next to her brother. She threw herself in her arms, squeezing tightly. Hugs between the Dela Cruz siblings were rare, but neither Aspyn or Rhea felt a drop of discomfort in each other's arms. "Ate— what the heck? How are you here?" Aspyn sputtered out as they separated.