Chapter 42

"Why would he need to know that?" You asked.

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier."

"The super soldier serum" you sigh, pinching the bridge of your nose in frustration.

"What?" Steve asked how you knew.

"When Howard and Maria were killed, I was their escort" you start off the story.

"Yeah, you already told me this"

"But I didn't tell you that they were transporting a version of the serum. When Buck- the winter soldier" you corrected yourself. "Came, he stole the case with the serum."

"I took the serum back to Hydra where they gave it to five other winter soldiers" Bucky continues the story for you

"I took the serum back to Hydra where they gave it to five other winter soldiers" Bucky continues the story for you. "And y/n, I'm so sorry for whatever you had to see me do back then" he looked at you again, with honesty filling his blue eyes.

"It's okay Buck, that wasn't you" you remind him, still sitting on a small box in front of him. You had reached out to place a comforting hand on his knee but he flinched away as Steve started to speak again.

"Who were they?"

"Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum."

"They all turn out like you?" Sam asked in a joking tone.

"Worse." Bucky stated with warning in his voice.

"The doctor, could he control them?" Steve asked.

"Enough."

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall." Steve recalls the mans words to him.

"With these guys he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize, They can take a whole country down in one night. You'd never see them coming."

"This would have been a lot easier a week ago." Sam whispers to you both.

"If we call Tony . . ."