Chapter 43: sour 17

C H A P T E R 4 3

S O U R 1 7

"Secrets are just truths waiting to be exposed"

Song-505; Artic monkeys

Marlee

"Happy birthday twin!" Theo jumps onto my bed, shaking me awake. I open my eyes with a smile.

"Happy birthday twin!" I echo, hugging my brother.

"I can't believe we're 17." He shakes his head with a nostalgic look on his face.

"You definitely don't act like you're 17." I joke, Theo scrunches his nose and moves to sit next to me. The door opens again and Mom and Grayson walk in. Moms holding a tray of pancakes and Grayson has a old picture book.

"Happy birthday my babies." She sets the tray on my dresser and kisses both of our cheeks.

"Happy birthday losers" Grayson dives into the bottom of the bed and mom brings the tray over, handing us all pancakes. We've been doing this ever since we were kids. Mom would make us breakfast in bed and we would look at old pictures books from when we were babies.

We all eat our pancakes while Mom opens the book. "Look how tiny you two are." Mom shows us a picture of her in the hospital holding us.

"You look like aliens." Grayson comments, leaning over to see the picture.

"Cute aliens." Mom corrects Grayson, flipping the pages. We spend the next hour looking through old pictures of our childhood. Mom tears up and Grayson makes fun of us just like very other year.

Once we finish the book, they all leave my room to get ready. I get out of bed and do my makeup before fixing my curls. I then get dressed in a white tennis skirt and a black shirt. Once I'm ready for the day I happily skip out of my room and to the kitchen where my family is.

2 presents sit on the table, one with my name and the other with Theo's name. Grayson sets out 2 more presents, one for each of us. Grayson motions to them with an excited look.

"Me first!" Theo jumps up and down and grabs the present from Grayson. He tears open the packaging which is a newspaper. When he pulls it out it's a baseball figuring, it's old but beautiful. A large grin grows onto Theo's face. "It's so cool." He studies it.

"Okay, Marlee open yours." Grayson hands me the other present. I open it, taking note of Graysons excited look. When I open it I see a snow globe with a picture of our family and the Taylor's when we were younger. I set it down softly and hug Grayson so tight he might explode.