Chapter Thirty-Six

(A/N: Finally I updated! Although short chapter again, sorry everyone. If anyone has some ideas of where to take this please tell me! I don't want to give up but I'm struggling to find the next plot arc. Thanks for reading!)

(Your Pov)

"I'm Asgardian."

"You're what?" Loki questioned, probably thinking of everything that would come along with the news. You knew you were immortal, although you didn't know why you were still on Midgard. You parents had mentioned something about the palace being after them... did that mean you were banished? But, not officially. Besides, Heimdal-

Heimdal. He was your uncle. Didn't the two princes know him as well? Why weren't you called to Asgard, or... something, by now?

"Asgardian. I think. I'm also pretty sure my father's brother is Heimdal, which makes him my uncle. And... Oh, here's a big one. My real name is Sigyn Iwaldidottir, and I'm over 1000 years old. My curse killed every parental figure I've ever had, and I named my cat over my first adoptive mother."

"That... Darling, why are you not in Asgard?" Loki seemed concerned at this, probably wondering why you had ended up here in the first place.

"I have no idea other than my family was being hunted, so we escaped to Midgard. Earth. Whatever." You thought it over, trying to think of what the next steps were. What were you supposed to do? "Although I have a question."

"Of course."

"I was born with these 'powers of fate'. A witch wanted me for herself, then cursed me when my parents hid me from her. Then we found another witch that helped me, and made a way for me to break the curse. But I still don't know who either witch was, or how to break the curse. Is there any way you would know how to figure that out? Or know someone who can actually tell me?"

"I do not, although I may know someone who might. Although if you are related to Heimdal, perhaps he may already know."

"Maybe, yeah. How can I contact him?"

"The moment you are well enough, I shall take you to Asgard."

"Asgard? You're taking me to- I'm- Really!?" You couldn't seem to wrap your head around the concept. Asgard? As in, golden palace and rainbow bridge and... everything else?

"Of course, love. There ought to be many more answers there, and perhaps we could find the witch who did this." He spoke of the witch with venomous vehemence, so much so you thought he might rush off to catch her right now. Of course he did no such thing, instead staying by your side.

"Thanks Loki." Now for your other question. "Do you know where my locket is?" He smiled when you asked it, probably thinking of the first time you gave it to him for protection. He quickly summoned it, and held it out to you. 

"This was given to me by my parents." You say, remembering the familiar weight of the pendant in your hands. You unclasp it, opening it for Loki to see as well. Even though you've never been able to read it, hopefully Loki can explain it to you. If your parents were Asgardian, surely Loki could read their inscription. "Do you know what it says?"

"A promise for our love, we will always be with you." He seemed to ponder the saying for a moment, although his words struck you hard. It seemed they knew what might happen. They knew, and they prepared for it. For when they might-

"They really liked that saying." You whisper to yourself, although to Loki as well. They really had loved it when they were around. Always reminding you of their love, no matter the circumstances.

Loki smiled down at you, his larger hand clasping yours holding the locket. You smile back up at him as well, before the door suddenly burst open, revealing the enthusiastic trouble-making team you've grown to love.

Despite whatever had happened in the past, these people were your new family now. They had taken you in, finally accepted you. Fought for you. You were an Avenger.

And Avengers stick together.

*

"I've never had to say this before, but can you repeat that? And explain it... slower?" Tony asked from across the room, all eight of you eating breakfast in the ward. You were catching them all up to speed about what's happening in your mind, Loki reassuring you if there was a particular detail that you were still stuck up on. Given you were still recovering -in both senses of the word- there was a lot of this.

"I'm Asgardain, my name is Sigyn, and I'm way older than you." You pointed an accusing finger towards him. This got a few chuckles out of the team, although everyone seemed slightly off-standish. "I was also cursed by a witch, have unfathomable powers since birth, and it should be impossible for me to be able to wield magic." Should've been. And yet you could wield Loki's... somehow.

"So this means you're going back to Asgard?" Nat asked through the furry feline resting on her lap. Seemed leo's taken a liking to her while you were sleeping.

"Later, yeah. I'm not exactly ready to face a whole new realm just yet." You reply, relief seeming to wash over the team. Were they that worried about you leaving so soon?

"On that note, I should inform you that you've officially been cleared from medical detention. As long as you rest, of course." Bruce said, nudging his glasses up on his face a bit more.

"Of course." Honestly, you were ecstatic to finally leave this stuffy room. These last four days had been more than enough. "Is my room still open?"

"Yep. We haven't touched it."

You smile, truly smile, at the team's thoughtfulness. You weren't a big fan of all of your things suddenly being moved- was anyone? A slight tapping at the back of your mind offered you company as well, which you would kindly take him up on the offer. You still had to rest most of the day, which would surely lead to boredom. But at least you had friends and family to count on, which would surely make it all worthwhile.