Chapter 10

"And then he left." I explained to Cece the whole entire scenario that happened between Alec and I this morning. Her mouth hangs open and her eyebrows are raised.

"He slept in the same bed as you?!" She shout. The whole classroom turned looking our way. I wave them off and my cheeks flush with embarrassment.

"Keep it down. And yes, but I did not know about it until I woke up and found him lying in my bed." I shrug.

"Okay. I really don't know how to respond to that. You want me to talk to Diego about it? See what he thinks? it's oddly unlikely for someone, no offense, but someone like Alec to do such act you know?" She questions with a confused weird look.

"I know. That's why I'm going to try avoid him. He's been this anchor that's holding me down, literally. And I can't seem to reach the surface. I need a break from him." I say. Our teacher gave both of us a pointed look and we automatically get back to work.

♡☺︎♡

"I'll call you later." Cece yells as we part ways from each other to reach our last class of the day. Monday's are literally the worst. During lunch, Diego and Alec didn't show up. So Cece decided to text Diego and he responded by saying that they're at his house. So now I have to put up with facing Alec longer. Which is something I am not looking forward to.

We reach the art room and I sit somewhere else today. There's this student who usually sits alone so why not sit with him today? Maybe we could be friends? I just can't stand to be by him now that we're in this weird phase of our relationship. I don't even know what to call it. 

The bell rings 5 minutes later, indicating that class is about to start. I really thought that maybe Alec would just stay home for the rest of the day but I thought wrong.

He strolls into the classroom. His eyes find mine and a smirk forms onto his face. Dear lord help me. 

Please don't come here, please don't come here. And he comes he. Great

But he technically can't sit here cause both seats are filled so bye bye Alec. Okay that was kind of mean.

He slams his backpack onto the desk and glares at the guy I'm sitting bye. "Move." He points his head to another desk, sending dagger at the poor dude. Without hesitation, the dude quickly picks up his stuff from the desk and scurries away to another empty one.

Alec takes a seat next to me and places his hand bath on my thigh. Not this again. I sootch my chair away from him and hopefully out of his reach. But the desk is so small it can only go so far. It least his hand is away. Right like he can't reach with his long, muscular, tatted, veiny arms. Am I drooling?

He mumbles something under his breath and reaches his hand out to pull my chair by the side closer to him. Now, I'm even more closer to him than before. Way to go Briar. At least he didn't put his hand on my leg. Shouldn't have said that because right after, he places his hand on my leg. 

I turn my head the other way and use my hair to shield my face from his. He uses his hand and moves my hair behind my ear. 

And oh do I have butterflies now. 

"Okay class, we're going to do something different today. So we are going to build a sculpture. And you guys are going to be paired up and create your partner's face. So the people who you are sitting with will be your partner. That way everyone is paired up. You may start your sketches now and then we will begin the building tomorrow." Our professor says.

Wait partners? With the person we're sitting with? But I'm sitting with Alec. Way to go on ignoring him. Can't this get any worse?

"I hate this." I mumble quietly to myself. But I guess I wasn't so quite because Alec turns my chair. Yes, my chair, to face him. He raises a eyebrow and looks at me, as if studying my features. But he already drew me so what's the point?

"You said what?" He questions.

"Nothing." I shrug and turn my chair back facing forward. I grab a blank sheet of sketching paper and start to sketch a head. I take subtle glances at Alec and draw his features. He was looking at me the whole time so I don't even know if this looks like him. 

"Okay here." I say after 20 minutes of sketching him. He takes the paper and examines it. 

"I have a dimple on my right cheek. Fix it." He says and hands the paper back to me.

"Well excuse me Mr. Grumpy face but you weren't smiling. You get what you get." I say and shove the paper back to him. 

"Okay, face me." He says and turns my chair yet again to face him. "Aren't you going to smile that pretty smile of yours?" He asks. I roll my eyes. "Okay then."

♡☺︎♡

Class is coming to an end and Alec and I finished drawing each other. Yeah, his is definitely way better than mine. "You guys are to take your sketches of each other home. Study it and see what you can do to create that portrait come to life. Have a good day" The professor says as she excuses us from class.

Finally I get to go home.  

I spot my mom's car and quickly head inside. "How was school?" My mom asks me as I enter the car.

"It was good." I say casually.

"Okay, well I bought your favorite. Cane's!" She exclaims. Now there's a smile on my face. I just love their tenders. 

"No way. Thank you momma." I say and kiss her cheek

♡☺︎♡

After a shower and an amazing meal, I flop onto my bed and take out my phone. Huh, that's weird. 2 miss calls from a random stranger. And a text message. 

Stranger: What are you doing right now?

Stranger: Answer.

Stranger: Sunshine, don't make me come to your house and force a response out of you.

Sunshine? Oh no. Alec? really? Who gave him my fudging number? I bet it was that Cece. No, it's probably Diego. That darn Diego. I decide to play dumb.

Who is this?: Me

Stranger: Don't play dumb

Okay, I guess that didn't work out. 

What do you want Alec?: Me

Stranger: I asked you what are you doing?

Training a tiger. What do you want?: Me

Stranger: I'm coming to your house.

Wait what? No my mom's here. Do not come: Me

No response. I text him again.

Alec I said do not come here: Me

Stranger: Oh but I'm already at your front door 😉

Oh no. Fudge you Alec.

♡☺︎♡