Chapter 1

Louis' POV-

Her dancing slowed as she caught my stare, her lips slightly parted, and her gaze soft. In the purple light, I could see the color of her irises were a greyish blue. The pale complexion of her face seemed to redden as her lips curled up into a small smile. Shyly, she tucked her dirty blonde hair behind her ear and looked away. Once again, her body returned to the rhythm it was in a second ago, her arms held up over her head as she swayed her hips right in time to the beat of the music like she was comfortable and used to dancing in large crowds of people. 

The pulse of the beat pounded into my ears as I brought my beer filled glass to my lips and took another sip, my elbow still propped on the bar table beside me where I had been standing for the last 15 minutes. 

Her body continued to move, her long legs moving effortlessly to avoid getting bumped by the people surround her. 

Up on the stage the DJ held his hand against his headset, bobbing his head up and down as he shifted his hand across the keyboard of his laptop, preparing his last song before I took over. On the ceiling, the lights began flashing in multiple colors. They raced around the room, gliding over the dancers and even the bystanders-illuminating each person as it fell on their face.

My fingers grazed along the side of my glass anxiously as the song made a smooth transition into the last one. My eyes were still on her. Her little black dress ending just below her ass and the top cut low to reveal a good bit of cleavage. She had on black stilettos', but by the way she was stanced, it was pretty obvious she wasn't used to wearing heels that high.

My lips slid into a smile, watching as she pulled down the bottom of dress so it didn't ride up too high. Clearly, the dress was uncomfortable, but the smile on her face tried to mask the insecurity.

Her eyes flicked back over to me quickly before she stumbled off the dance floor and made her way over to the bar in the back of the venue. As she took a seat, she once again tugged down her dress, then brought her hands up to the counter and folded them together and letting her cheek find a rest place against them.

I stood up from my propped position and strolled over to the stool next to her. 

"Another beer?" the bartender asked me.

"One for me, and one for my friend here" I motioned my head toward the blonde.

"Oh, no thank you" she said quickly, but smiling up at me in appreciation over the offer. 

My eyes snapped down to her. "Excuse me?"

She was looking away from me. "I don't drink"

"You don't drink" I hummed, more as a statement, than a question. "Well, then, just one for me then, I guess"

Without response, the bartender turned around to the tap, grabbing another glass off the rack and beginning to pour.

"What is your name?" I asked the girl beside me.

"Why do you want to know my name?" she asked smirked.

"Because I saw you on the dance floor and I got genuinely curious" I shrugged.

"You've been watching me all night" she observed, her eyes wondering around the room.

"I like looking at beautiful people" I picked up my glass, downing the rest of my first beer as the bartender set down my second glass.

"Cecilia" her eyes flickered back up to me.

"Cecilia" I repeated, attentive to how her name rolled over my tongue. "I like it"