𝓑𝓲𝓴𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓟𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓬 𝓐𝓽𝓽𝓪𝓬𝓴𝓼

"Even the perfect car breaks down"

✰✰✰

Quiet hums echoed through the almost silent Swan house the only other sound coming from the upstairs bathroom as Addison moved around the kitchen making sure nothing burned or undercooked, she knew that Isabella wouldn't want anything big for her first meal after barely eating for months so she stuck with something simple and easy. She carefully put the egg sandwich together before setting down some pieces of bacon on the plate and pouring some coffee into a mug, at the exact moment, Bella stumbled into the kitchen, "oh my god, she's shiny and clean" Addison teased making Isabella smile slightly, "here come eat some...brunch?" Isabella sat down at the table eating small bites of food as Addison began to clean up her mess.

"So I was thinking we could take a trip to Seattle, do some shopping and catch a movie, just get out of the house for a while" Addison felt like she was talking to thin air as Bella stared blank holes into her back. "I thought you didn't want to be seen" she finally spoke making Addison shrug in response, "eh who cares if anyone asks I'll just tell the truth, I'm just checking in on you". Bella didn't want to leave the house but then she thought of Addison's words 'you gotta keep living hon', it was only the movies and some possible shopping, "alright yeah that sounds...good". Addison smiled brightly making Isabella envious of the girl's happiness it seemed to come so easily to her, "great! now finish that and then get dressed, I'm gonna go home and change, I'll pick you up in..." she glanced down at her wrist checking her watch "20 minutes". 

✰✰✰

Everything was too much...the fresh air and wind blowing through Bella's hair ruffling the freshly cleaned locks, and the loud music playing on the radio that she practically had to shout over to talk, she wanted to be home. "I uh- didn't know you had a car" she could feel her voice becoming hoarse already, "I don't!" Addison replied, "it's Carlisle's Mercedes he left it in the garage for me to use" her fingers tapped against the steering wheel to the beat of the music adding to Bella's irritation. "I haven't found the right car just yet". Isabella raised an eyebrow before turning down the music feeling her skull began to pound, "a car is just a car". Addison's head snapped to look at the human appalled at her words, "oh no honey, the wrong car is just a car but the right car is the carthe perfect vehicle is like the perfect boyfriend, something you could spend the rest of your life with". Bella rolled her eyes looking out the window at the passing scenery "even the perfect car breaks down".