7.

The following morning Jasper awoke with a headache as expected. He was thankful for the empty bed next to him, as he wasn't sure he'd be able to engage in civil conversation with Blaise, or anyone for that matter, without wanting to kill them.

He'd enjoyed the last couple nights just as he'd enjoyed any hookup. He was grateful that by now Blaise understood the lengths that their relationship extended to.

A ping sounded from his phone, and his mood only soured when he saw it was from his mom.

My office in 20.

Of course he could just ignore her, and face her later on when he had more energy. But then again, he'd be spending the next eight months with her and her team, he wouldn't be able to avoid her forever.

Knowing Jasper, he would definitely try.

When he showed up an hour later, just to spite her, Jasper could sense the tension that radiated throughout the room. Leslie was there, for whatever reason, along with Amira, his mom's personal assistant and campaign manager.

He glanced at them, still coming down from a slight hangover, before making himself comfortable on the couch across the room. Karla was on a phone call, and Amira was pacing, referring to papers on the desk that most likely had something to do with the campaign.

"Don't tell me about Mom being mad at me," Jasper spoke as he sat down across from Leslie, already noticing the look of disapproval she wore. "I don't fucking care."

"As if that's a new revelation." Leslie responded plainly. "Mom already told me."

"Of course she did, you two gossip like your lives depend on it."

"Do you purposely do everything in your power to make her life harder?" Leslie tilted her head, feigning confusion. "Or are you just naturally inconsiderate?"

Jasper didn't get a chance to retort, when the sound of the phone clicking off and an exasperated sigh interrupted them. Karla's eyes found their way to her kids sitting across the room and her eyes narrowed in on Jasper, who looked unimpressed as always.

"That was the security company," Karla explained, signaling for Amira to write something down in her notes. "Jasper, your guard is here. We're flying out tomorrow, and please, for the love of god, don't make his life a living hell."

Jasper smirked, one that was bordering between maniacal and playful.

"Why Mother, I would do nothing of the sort." He said sarcastically, before his face turned serious once again. His eye's met Karla's in a hard gaze.

"Tell him if he touches me, I'll kill him."

Amira's gaze was tense between Karla and her son. If she wasn't used to Jasper's threatening statements, she would've been alarmed. Working for Karla for the last five years had taught her many things; the most important being to avoid Karla's youngest son at all costs.

From the very limited interactions they did have, out of necessity, Amira learned that Jasper was probably the least pleasant person to be around. One time she touched him on accident and he stared at her like he was going to personally deliver her death sentence.

Needless to say, after that the two hardly spoke.

Neither Karla, Leslie, or Amira got the chance to respond to Jasper's comment, before a quiet knock on the door caused the four to turn their heads.

Karla gave a slight nod of dismissal towards Amira and Leslie, signaling for them to step out. With a respectful nod from Amira, and a small eye roll from Leslie, the two left.