Pacita's Going Out 1

"Why are you here?" Pacita tilts her head confuse to see the Duke outside her bedroom.

"I can't be here?"

Pacita shakes her head and let the man enters.
She waited all night but this guy who said 'let's talk', never called for her.

Mito walks to the room and look around.
Nothing is different from this room. It seems Pacita never change any decoration. No one will mistake this room as a Duchess room.
It looks like more well maintaned room.

He looks back and see Pacita still near the door looking at him.
"Let's talk."

Pacita nods.
"Should I undress or you will do it?"
She had seen alot of 'let's talk' in the bedroom.
She smiles with her best smile.

Mito eyes darken.
'I know I shouldn't have trusted her.'
He snorts.
"I am here to talk to you about what we talk about last night." He sat on the chair next to a glass table beside the large window.

"Oh.."
Pacita nods and walks to him. Sat on the other chair available. She always wonder why there are two chairs here since she is mostly alone but its the staff who is thinking when the Duke came he will need a chair, huh.

Pacita is looking at the glass table while Mito is looking at her.

"Your family wants you to have my son."

His voice has this power that makes you want to look at him when he speaks.

Pacita is not that different from other woman. She too likes to look at handsome men talking.
And his topic interest her.

"So they want to abduct Amadeus? For what?"
'Ransom? The Duke is really wealthy but why take his son?'

Mito involuntarily smiles but he erased it in his lips fast enough that Pacita didnt see it.
Pacita is looking at the serious Mito with her confused gaze.
She is telephatically telling him to gossip with her but Mito is not a mind reader.
He scoffs at her.
"Do not play dumb with me. We both know what I mean."

Pacita nods her head. There is no maid around, probably due to the Duke, so there are no tea or wine to drink.
Pacita looks out the window.

"I want to go out." She murmurs softly.
A bird like her is not for the birdcage. She should be free and be anywhere her feets brings her. But that day of her death, the pain and the man's face distort with anger, desire and insanity still fears her.

Mito frowns. He heard that she had never set her foot outside the manor.

"What makes you fear going out?"

Pacita is in trance.
She smiles awkwardly to the Duke

"Death."

Duke frowns.
"You think too much."

Pacita frowns remembering the pain.
She suddenly touches her stomach. The cold metal entering her stomach and the coldness she feels. The hot blood flowing out of her.

Her face is pale.
"You have no idea....what I had endured."
She doesnt want to remember it. But it keeps haunting her sometimes.

Duke is shocked to see the sorrow she had in her face while she rubs hee stomach.
A scenario happened in his head.

"Are they threatening to kill you if you never give birth?"

Pacita is shocked with the Duke's shout that she just nods her head and hides her face in fear.
She never angered a noble before. They are like Gods to commoners like her.
Nobles dont follow rules. They kill who irritates them for a right or wrong reason.

"Lawrence really think they can dictates what I can do?"

Pacita looks up.
Mito is angry but it seems his anger is not directed to her.
She heaves a relief sigh.
But another worry emerge..She is technically a Lawrence so if the Duke was anger to death by the Lawrence, he might divorce her and throw her to the streets.

"Duke, I am not a Lawrence." She said with all her strength.
"When I marry you. I no longer belongs to the Lawrence family."

Mito stares at Pacita and Pacita gulps.