17 | Jade

Nonstop and tirelessly I have been working on my EP with Cairo critiquing what vocals he approved of and didn't

Nonstop and tirelessly I have been working on my EP with Cairo critiquing what vocals he approved of and didn't. Even though I was busy with writing and recording, I made sure everything with our surrogate was going fine with her receiving my fertilized egg today. I was in the studio with Arsenio and Gamba, listening to the slow-burning track I recorded. It had a stripped backdrop that urges my fluttering vocals to the forefront.

I loved the record. I just hoped my biggest critic likes it.

Arsenio stopped the sound. "Whatchu think? I feel like Cairo won't have no complaints."

I gave Arsenio a doubtful expression. "This is my husband we're talking about."

Arsenio thought for a second. "Yeah, you right bout that."

I checked my phone, seeing a received a recent text from our surrogate Tonya letting me know the procedure went successful. Now we had to wait the four weeks. Underneath was a notification from Apple News with Daily Mail in bold letters. It sparked my interest, so I pressed it and the headline made my eyebrows raise.

Are Dallas Cobras majority owner and former basketball star, Xavier Rhodes and his wife Caren Anderson really getting a divorce?

I frowned in confusion and tried to call Caren, but her phone went straight to voicemail. I switched to call Joie, because I know if I haven't spoken to her, she has. Joie answered and says, "You must've seen the tabloids."

"I did. What the hell is going on?"

"Well, it's true. Meet me over Momma D's. I'm on the way there."

"Ok, on the way." I hung up raising from the chair. "Hey, I have to run somewhere. I'll be back."

"Uhh, you sho' cuzzo gon' be coo' wit that?" Arsenio asked with an uncertain expression. "He walk in here and see you gone he gon' flip."

"He's at the label and will be there for a while. I have enough time."

Arsenio scratched the back of his neck. "Well, okay."

With things being good between Cairo and me, he offered me the keys to the silver Mercedes-Benz G Wagon he gifted me for my birthday last month and I drove south to Davina's house. Just as I parked in front of Davina's house, Joie pulled in the driveway. We got out in unison as another familiar vehicle arrived. We stared at it and watched Andi walk around the front it.