Chapter 75

Record

At the time of chaos, I planted a small microphone chip in her dress and continued to wail with Xiao Ruo and the rest of the crew. When asked why the two of them hid there, they reasoned out they wanted to dance in front of Xiao Ruo's aunt.

Juan on the other hand came along with He Yan and each of their respective partners as they came in with both worried looks.

"What happened? Are you alright?" Juan touched my arm and saw the bleeding wound caused by the sharp nails of that witch.

Juan was deeply worried and her eyes turned red after seeing the wounds in my arm. Ju Yi on the other hand was silent but the anger brewing in his eyes cannot be hidden by his silence.

"Let's get JuJu treated first" Ju Yi calmly took me in his arms and held Juan's trembling hands. He then looks behind him and was silent then turned back after seeing Wu Rong Heng nodding back.

Although they didn't tally to each other, one can hear the assurance from Wu Rong Heng's nod. The three of us were out then, Wan Wan and Chen Bao Lin were put into another room before calling their parents to send them home.

In just a day, everything was finally done, I just have to show it unintentionally to the Wu's and that will give them seeds of doubt.

I mean who would want their child to be left with a two-faced woman who hurts children when she gets angry? Isn't that too dangerous?

Anyway, my job here is finished, I just have to make sure that the Wu's get the record of her true nature.

...

After getting treated by a family doctor that Ju Yi's assistant hired, the wound in my arm didn't sting anymore and was told to not touch water for two days until the wounds dry.

Juan listened on the corner intently while Ju Yi leaned against the bed with gloom in his eyes. It's the first time that I have seen him this serious and it was something that I see every day in the past but seeing it today makes it feel uncomfortable.

Maybe I was too used to his talkative and playful self that I didn't realize that I pulled his sleeve.

"What is it JuJu?" He asked gently and smiled a little.

"Are you angry daddy? Are you angry at me?" I asked timidly, he blinks his eyes and sighed before answering.

"I am" I lower my eyes and pouted but was held by the chin. "I'm angry that JuJu got hurt and daddy wasn't there with her. I'm angry that JuJu cried and felt fearful and I wasn't there to calm you and wipe your tears for you"

With his words, the weight off my chest vanished and I could feel the previous uneasiness in me was gone. I finally got to smile and took the initiative to hug him.

"Don't worry daddy, JuJu was brave at that time!" I heard him laugh and I continued to tell him stories and adventures that I have done along with our crew.

Soon I was put to sleep by Juan, Ju Yi put me into my bed then she and Ju Yi were out while I closed my eyes to sleep.

Just joking, I was certainly not finished yet with my plan, I still have to listen to the record of that two-faced witch.

I pulled the phone that I took from Ju Yi, of course, that was when I started to distract him I mean chat with him about my recent life. Then, I opened the phone and went to download the app that was started in the small microphone chip that I am now downloading.

Soon, I get to hear the sound of the door opening and closing and the wind blowing harshly against my ears. It was just like that for the past minutes beside her snoring, and then before I could fall asleep, I heard her groan.

I put on my earphones properly and listened closely, what I didn't know at that time was how that simple recording turned into evidence for a crime.

Uh-oh, I think I've put my feet in the wrong direction.

***
Chapter 75 is up!

I did well in the exam, I have another one tomorrow and some projects as well as another bout of editing in my research proposal. Great.

Anyways, have a great day! Stay safe and healthy! Unstress ourselves with sweets!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!