31 | the confession

Vikrant :

"Vikram should also get some part of the property!", my paternal uncle said. "Did you, Samar?", my father asked softly. "But why do I not deserve the whole property? Huh! Your bias towards Vikrant is so evident father, and it is sad!", Vikram said annoyed. "Rules will not be changed for you Vikram! And dare you talk to me this way!", Father shouted at me. "Father, I think Vikram is right. "Now will you also be a rebel, Vikrant?', father asked annoyed. "At least let him have our estates in Rajkot.", I completed. Father sighed. "Fine-"

"No! I want the whole Suryavanshi property!", saying so Vikram stormed out of the room.

I drew in a deep breath as I looked up at Simran. We were sitting in a small hotel room which he had rented for an hour. "Your brother is literally after your life, and now mine, for property?", she asked. She stood in front of me, as I sat on the bed.

"Yes.", I replied with a sigh. "But  why did you slap me and behave like you didn't know me? Also why did you pour water on my face?", I asked as she sighed. "Your smarty brother had given me a mic to plant on my dress, with which he would listen to whatever I spoke. I had been threatened, so I had it on. Today when you threw that glass of water on my face it fused, so now I am here talking to you. I had to slap you because he was right there watching the scene that a man had caught hold of my wrist. And why I acted? Because again if you revealed who you were to me, he would have heard it over the mic."

I looked up at her and drew in a breath of relief. "So you are absolutely fine?", I asked, "Yes.", she replied. I stood up, her eyes welled up with tears and she wrapped her arms around me tightly, breaking down.

I shut my eyes drawing in a deep breath, inhaling her scent, feeling her warmth - her touch. Tears flowed down my eyes involuntarily as I hugged her tightly. "I missed you man.", I said softly. "I missed you so much.", she said sobbing as she broke the hug and looked up at me teary eyes. "I am sorry.. I-that day-", I mumbled remembering how she had stormed out of the office cabin.

"It's okay..Sher Khan..", she said in a whisper, placing her hand on my cheek, looking straight into my eyes.  "You've suffered so much because of me..", she said looking down. I cupped her face with my hands and raising it to look at me. "No, I have not suffered anything because of you.. It is because of Vikram.. not you..", I replied softly as she smiled through her tears. She placed her hand on her chest, on my heart. 

"That heart beats for you..", I said with a smile. She smiled back, "I know..", she whispered. Suddenly I realised we had not confessed our love for each other. 

"Simran.. I..I love you..", I said, she edged closer to me. "I know..", she replied with a smile. "Do you love me?", I asked, my heart was beating wildly now.. nervousness creeped into me.

"A lot..", she said in a whisper. "A lot."

And she pulled me into a kiss. It was not sexual passion, it was beyond that - I knew it, she knew it. I shut my eyes as we deepened it. Her hand snaking up to my neck, pulling me closer. After what seemed ages, we parted, panting. My hands were around her waist keeping her close to me.

"That was quite filmy.", she said laughing, I looked at her beautiful face, a warm feeling crept through me as I realised that she was now mine.

"As if we are any less than the hero and heroine of a movie.", I replied laughing, looking down at her.

"Don't leave me and go the next time I mess up..", I said as she smiled back, "As if I had a great time without you..", she said, punching me on the chest softly. "No.. Actually you are so beautiful that you'll surely find someone better, but then there is me.. I will have to die single.", I said truthfully. "Look who speaks, the Vikrant Suryavanshi who literally is the universal crush.", she said.

I kissed her on her forehead.

"First promise me.", I said. "Promise..", she paused and then completed, "Gabbu..", and started laughing.

"Yeah.. yeah.. very funny..hahaha", I said sarcastically as she went on laughing. I tried to not laugh for a few nanoseconds and then broke down into hysterical laughter. "You are cracked.", I said hugging her. "Ha so isn't that the reason why you love me?", she asked. "I love you for everything you are.", I replied.

"I love you Sher Khan..", she said hugging me tightly.

"I love you..wait I need to think of a nickname..", I said. She punched me softly on the abdomen, "One romantic scene also you can't complete. You can never change..", she said as if she was irritated. "Ha so you also love me because of that only..", I said. "Yes..", she said as we finally broke the hug.

"Now, can we focus on your idiot of a brother? He is behind our life.", she said as I sighed.

 "Simran, we are getting outta here now.", I said. "Wait.. how?", she asked. I pulled out the small basic mobile I had and called up Raju, "Krishna's Sudama, get all my stuff and get to the taxi parking. Don't let anyone know, we are getting out of here. Now."

....

Finally they decided to say it!

What do you feel?

And what awaits them? Any guesses?