Chapter 28(Vol. 4): Game over. Respawn?

Kenji POV

"Now you may be wondering where you are right now,"(System)

"Yea, I just asked that-"(Kenji)

"Apapapapap! As I was saying, have you heard the tale of the two brothers?"(System)

"Yea, I mean they play a pretty big part in the RWBY world,"(Kenji)

"You only know that because of me,"(System)

"What?"(Kenji)

"You see, in the beginning, there were three of us. One was powerful in the light, the other was poweful in the darkness. The last was the balance between the two,"(System)

"Uh huh...."(Kenji)

"Everything was kept in order until the last brother suddenly disappeared. Without the balance in check, chaos ensued and the two other brothers tried their best to maintain order,"(System)

"Who is this third?"(Kenji)

"You're smart, I'm sure you can figure it out,"(System)

"...Was it you?"(Kenji)

"Yes Kenji, I was that third brother,"(System)

"Then what did you mean by I only know the RWBY world because of you?"(Kenji)

"Well Kenji, everything you watched on the RWBY show, was my vision into the future."(System)

"So basically you orchestrated my actions?"(Kenji)

"Not exactly. You made the journey on your own, I just gave you the tools to do it, you are special forces anyways. You should be able to adapt to anything, no?"(System)

"Right..."(Kenji)

Kenji then peers behind System.

"So uh, who's that?"(Kenji)

The shadow figure steps forward as System steps aside.

"This, is Revenant."(System)

"He's kinda like death but more friendlier,"(System)

"Right...So why am I here? I'm pretty sure I failed by dying,"(Kenji)

"Oh you misunderstand Kenji, the task was for you to have a chance at stopping this pointless war,"(System)

"But Beacon still fell..."(Kenji)

"Yes, but you have managed to save your friends. Unite the world of Remnant to save it. But first....a final test,"(System)

"What?"(Kenji)

Revenant steps forward as System changes the scenery to a battle arena. Revenant then gets into a fighting stance as another shadow phases out of him in the same position.