Chapter 16

~Don't be the girl who needs a man. Be the girl a man needs~

Hey guys, no I didn't die. Although I am COVID+ve, I'll survive. The thing is school was stopping me from updating. But from tomorrow my summer holidays begin and I'll try to update once in two days. Now enjoy the update!

Evanna's POV

After everyone complimented my choice, I went into my closet once again and came out with sundresses, matching with their bikinis. Once we slipped into them, Elledora suggested we made a stylish entry and everyone agreed. But actually, no one had any idea so I was the one to suggest.

(A/N: Selena Selwyn already knew the plan of the pool so she had brought her own swim costume)

After devising our plan we all hooked our arms with one another and made our way downstairs to be met with an empty sitting room so we made our way to the pool area (Elledora leading the way), our arms still hooked and pushed open the door.

As soon as that happened, everyone was staring at us as we made our way towards the edge, we started with our Hawaiian dance in synchronisation and then threw off our sundresses and jumped in the pool at once. As soon as we all came up to the surface, applause rang out from the ladies and older men while the boys were still gaping.

Then as if memorised (which it wasn't) we, all six girls shouted at the same time, "Eyes are up here boys" which somewhat caused them to get out of their daze as we all watched them with a similar smirk which made the boys clear their throats.

Everyone then chuckled at their behaviour and passed down a drink to all of us. We were all mingling with each other when Theodore Nott cleared his throat to grab everyone's attention and then came towards me and spoke, "Well Ms Zabini, it seems you are captivated by my sight. I am starting to think you've fallen for me."

I not so subtly choked on my sip. After recovering, I spoke up with sarcasm dripping from my voice, "Yes Mr Nott, I have fallen for you and everyone here has gone bald." Everyone not so subtly tried to hide their chuckles while Theodore cleared his throat and said, "It's just the nerves guys. Now Ms Zabini, no need to be nervous just ask me out."

"Alright, get out," I said, feigning innocence and taking a rather large sip of my drink. At my statement, everyone chuckled or laughed. Nott, yet again cleared his throat and said, "It happens when you are confronted by your crush, so to make things easy for you Zabini- Will you go out with me this weekend?"

I was laughing internally as I registered what I was about to speak and laced my voice with amusement, I spoke up, "Sorry, but I am having a headache this weekend."

Once again everyone chuckled but this time even harder which made our dear Nott as red as Weasley's hair. Nott then again shouted on top of the laughter and came over to me trying to flirt very badly, "Your lips seem very lonely, would they like to meet mine?"

I had heard these pick up lines so many times that I had practically memorised answers for each one of them, so again this time wearing a grimace expression, I spoke up, "Your right eye seems lonely too, would it like to meet my fist?" and then shot up the drink in one go emptying the glass.

This caused everyone to roar with laughter while I smirked and said, "You should stop trying to what I call, poorly flirt or else, someone might think you fancy me" I took a look at his face which almost made me laugh so, feigning innocence, I once again, offering him my empty flute, spoke up, "Oh my, did I hurt your feelings? Here my cup of care. Oh look, it's empty!"

Again everyone howled with laughter while Nott's face turned even redder if possible. I then got out of the pool to have some tan and snapped my fingers when I got dried and my sundress was now on my body and started to go towards the lounging area when I turned around to say, "Eyes are up here boys." winking at them and I then, Accio-ed my beaded bag without a wand, silently while everyone watched with a mixture of awe and amazement and the boys went red.

Sitting on one of the lounging chairs, I dug through the beaded bag and brought out one of the Chick-flick novels I loved and started to read from the previously left pages, ignoring the silent talks going in the pool.

After half an hour of tanning, I holding my book made my way over to the pool, clicking my fingers to remove the sundress, sat on the edge of the pool, submerging my legs into the water, my eyes still not leaving the words. Suddenly a drink is shoved in front of the book, and I look up to find Bellatrix holding the glass, smiling at me. I try to cease the shudder that passes through me and I absently scratch my glamoured forearm.

"Hello, Mrs Lestrange," I said accepting the drink.

Bellatrix's POV (that's a new one!)

"Hello my dear, you seem quite lonely, mind if I join you for a drink?"I asked politely. I know it is unheard of but after, what people call, 'The Golden Trio', saved me from going into that wretched place, things changed, even me.

"Oh no, of course not. Do sit please." Zabini said keeping her book back in the bag, which seemed familiar to me but I couldn't quite place it.

Taking a seat, I ask, "What were you reading?"

"Katherine Salvatore's Royalty: Volume 1. Although I have read every book of hers."

"I have read them too. I am the biggest fan of hers. And no, don't give me that look, after the war, I started mingling with the muggles which in turn led me to their love of books." I explained.

"Sorry for my judging, but I do think that you are not her biggest fan considering I have something that you possibly don't," The younger witch said with an amused and teasing smile.

"Well, what is it? I am sure you are just boasting." I said nonchalantly

She just simply turned towards her bag and retook the same book from her bag and opened the first page which proudly held the signature of the author, which was a very rare sight since Katherine never really gave autographs.

I was just watching it with my jaw hitting the floor, after two minutes I composed myself and said, "How did you manage that?"

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

What will happen next? Will a raucous erupt or a peaceful conversation will commence? Keep on reading to find out!

Hey guys,

Hope you all are perfectly fine along with your families. Keep reading, voting, commenting and sharing. I am open to criticism, but no hate. Happy reading!

-Anushka