Chapter 26

"Release her," Adrian ordered

I couldn't comprehend what was happening.

My mother stood in front me, scared shitless while I was being held at gunpoint.

"Let go of my daughter Dani!!" she shrieks.

"Sorry ma'am but these are Giavanni's orders," the man simply says, griping me even harder now.

Adrian's gaze remained fixed on me as the gun was pressed against my head. For the first time, I saw panic in his eyes.

He seemed lost.

"I'll talk to Giavanni! He'll listen to me, please let her go!" My mother pleaded as tears poured down her face.

Adrian approached me slowly.

"Come any closer and I'll shoot," the man threatens and Adrian instantly stops in his tracks.

"What the fuck does Giavanni want?" Adrian asks in anger, he looked stressed and so vulnerable which wasn't usual.

I can tell he's on edge.

"The girl," Dani replies. I look back at my mother who stood there frozen in her place, still begging and crying.

"If he's trying to fuck me over by kidnapping the girl, then it's a big mistake. I couldn't care less what you do to her," he says nonchalantly.

The moment those words left Adrian's mouth my heart felt like being ripped apart. Why did it matter whether he cared or not?

I remained silent as I stared at the ground. I could still hear my mother hysterically crying. Everything was happening so fast.

"Sorry ma'am but these are Giavanni's orders," the man says, his grip on my neck loosened and he grabbed me by the waist, dragging me outside.

Dani leads me through the exit of the restroom, the gun still pressed against my head, and past Adrian who gave me a blank look.

Fuck you Adrian.

As we walk outside the restaurant I notice it's empty. They must've cleared everyone out. "You'll do as I say and no one gets hurt si?" Dani whispers in my ear.

I nod my head.

"Let's go," he continued leading me out of the restaurant where a black SUV was parked outside.

I was promptly shoved into the car and the door slammed shut. My mind's going crazy. What the fuck is happening?

It was impossible to look through the windows since they were heavily tinted.