Chapter 20

"What? What is it?" Keefe said clearly seeing how blankly pale Sophie was. When Sophie didn't answer, her brain still comprehending what Oralie said, Keefe prodded Sophie worried. "Sophie! What's wrong?" He slightly shook her shoulders. Sophie slowly turned towards Keefe.

"Or-Oralie knows that I'm pregnant." She said blanched pale, her skin was now clammy and Sophie's mind was racing through possibilities of who else would know. "No,no,no,no."

"Sophie, listen to me." Keefe said, she didn't respond. "Sophie!" He shook her once again, which snapped her out of her daze again. "Don't worry," He whispered. "It's Oralie, she has to be the only other person who knows. She's an empath, she could probably tell something was up with you and your hormones or something." Sophie processed Keefe's explanation and realized that he was right. "Are you okay now?" He asked looking over her. "Can I let go and not be worried that you're going to go into another Foster panic attack?" She nodded slightly and he let go, and grabbed on to her hand. "I think she'll keep this secret, considering that she whispered it into your ear and didn't announce it to the entire council."

"I guess so. I just don't want the entire school to find out. I'm not going to be allowed to stay." She mumbled looking to the ground.

"Hey, hey. C'mon Foster, let's stop with the negativity thinking."

"Look who's talking, tough guy. You're the one who's always like 'Ugh I messed this up, just forget about me. I'm not good enough." Sophie impersonated Keefe the best she had ever impersonated anyone. Which caused both her and Keefe to burst out laughing.

"Thanks, Foster. Thanks." He pulled her to follow him as he started walking. "C'mon, I think this calls for an Ice Cream." She laughed as they stepped into the light and were whisked away.

They walked through the streets of Atlantis, half lost, for at least 10 minutes.

"Are you sure you know where you're going?" Sophie asked for what seemed to be the millionth time.

"Yea, I do. What's with you and doubting my directional abilities." Keefe shot back.

"Nothing, it just seems to be taking an awfully long time to find an ice cream shop." She said with her nose held high.

"Annnndddddd, what if I told you I'm looking for a certain one?" Sophie whipped her head around to look at Keefe and he just did his signature smirk as a response.

They walked around for at least 5 more minutes before Keefe finally found the one. 'Alta's Ice Cream Deluxe Shop' was a big ice cream shop on the corner of a block. As they got closer though, Sophie spotted some familiar faces. She looked to Keefe, and he once again smirked back.

"When did you plan this?" Sophie asked incredulously.

"This morning." He smiled at her and waved to their friends. "Hey, guys!"

Linh, Tam, Dex, Biana and Fitz all waved back. Fitz was there. Sophie hadn't seen Fitz since the explosion at the Silver Tower, which was still under repair. All of them were chatting away as Sophie and Keefe sat down in between Linh and Tam. Tam of course glared at Keefe and Keefe threw him a smirk. Biana smiled as Sophie sat down, but continued to listen to Dex who was rambling on about his new invention. Linh on the other hand started to talk to Sophie.

"Sophie! I can't wait to show you the baby clothes me and Biana bought for your little bean!" She squealed. Sophie laughed and hugged Linh in greeting.

"I have had absolutely no time to shop for baby stuff. I'm glad I have 2 girls with taste to shop for the baby." She glared at Keefe, who had in fact tried to get Sophie to buy a onesie that said 'My dad is better than Tam!'

"Oh yea! Biana and I were wondering when you're hosting your baby shower?" Linh asked happily.

Sophie paled at that. "Oh yea...I haven't really thought about having a baby shower. I don't think I'm going to have one. It's too much planning."

And at that Biana yelled. "What? You've got to have a baby shower! If you're not going to plan one I will!"

"Me too!" Linh chimed in. Sophie heard Keefe chuckle beside her.

"No no, that's too much for me to ask of you!" Sophie refused.

"Too bad. I'm doing it." Sophie knew then and there Biana would not budge in her answer, so Sophie gave up.

"Fine. Just, you know, keep it small and only invite the people who know." She sighed and Biana and Linh nodded enthusiastically. They all went back to talking when Fitz stood up and walked over to Sophie. "Um, Sophie could I talk to you for a minute?" He said quietly.

"Sure. What's up?"

"I mean, like uh, privately?" Fitz mumbled. Sophie looked over to Keefe who smiled and nodded. She stood up and walked with FItz. Do you want to walk by the ocean?"

"Yea, sure." Sophie said nervously, if this conversation went anything like her other ones with Fitz, this one would end up in a yelling match.

"I just wanted to apologize for when I yelled at you at the Silver towers, it wasn't my place to get that mad. I over-reacted." Fitz was now staring at his feet.

Sophie was startled, she was not expecting this kind of conversation. Let alone Fitz apologizing. She put her hand on Fitz's shoulder and sighed. "Don't worry Fitz, I think in my head I forgave you a long time ago. Though it wasn't very nice to be yelled at for something I didn't mean to do." She said the last bit quieter.

He looked up to her eyes startled. "Wait, you forgive me?"

"Of course. I'm trying not to hold a grudge."

Fitz let out a relieved sigh. "I don't think I could live with myself if you didn't forgive me."

Sophie did what she didn't think she'd do ever again, which was, she hugged Fitz.

"I'm glad you're not mad anymore."

He laughed, also startled by the hug. "I'm glad you didn't hold a grudge."

"Will you accept my offer of being a uncle to my kid?"

Fitz pulled back, paused and then laughed out loud. "Wasn't expecting that." He chuckled. "Of course I accept your offer." He held out his hand, and she shook it laughing.

"There, it's final. Welcome to the Uncle and Aunt squad."

He smiled at her. "Thanks for welcoming me back."

And at that, Sophie and Fitz walked back to their friends.