7

Chapter 7
You Deserve to be Admired

***

Shen Xi and Yun Shu continued to chat all afternoon. Because of this, Shen Xi's memories of five years ago became a little clearer. For example, she was currently interested in opening a contemporary coffee shop in S City as there were only eight chain stores right now. For example, Yun Shu's future husband has yet to return from abroad, so she was still single.

"Come on, let's go to my restaurant for dinner." Yun Shu looked at the time, then stood up. "I just changed one of my cooks some time ago. I'll take you to try their dishes."

"Alright." The delicacies in Cirrus Cloud were one of its brightest highlights. Their western meals were better than most Michelin restaurants.

When they left the room, they saw several waiters carrying wine and fruit plates past the corridor. It was obvious that other guests have arrived.

"Your membership fees for the third floor are so high. Do you have members that can rent out several rooms at once?" Shen Xi asked, curious.

"One or two." Yun Shu replied.

"And it's fine for us to use one of the rooms anyway?"

"It's my place." Yun Shu shrugged indifferently.

Shen Xi smiled and no longer spoke. They continued to walk towards the elevator. Just when they were almost halfway past the corridor, Shen Xi suddenly heard someone say her name.

Shen Xi stopped and looked around. She was standing right in front of a door and found that someone was saying her name from inside.

"Su MingLi, I heard that your brother doesn't like Shen Xi?" A young girl's voice sounded out.

"Who are you calling my brother? My mother gave birth to me, but she didn't give birth to any son." A 20-year-old girl dressed in luxury brands impatiently replied. She was the eldest daughter of the Su family, Miss Su MingLi, Su Hang's half-sister.

"You still refuse to acknowledge him, even after your father gave him the entire Su Group?" A yellow-haired boy answered.

"If I acknowledged him, I don't know what that illegitimate bastard would do." Su MingLi's expression was full of disgust. "Do you know, when my father first found him, he was picking up garbage in the slums, dressed in dirty clothes and pushing a broken tricycle that was covered in water bottles and cardboard boxes from the trash. So disgusting."

"Ew..." Several voices shouted their disgust.

"What's even funnier was that when father said he wanted to take him away, that stinky person insisted on selling his crap first. Guess how much money he got." Su MingLi asked.

"How much?" Someone asked.

"$14.80. The garbage man said he didn't have five cents change so he was five cents short, hahaha...I just laughed to death."

Another person was laughing along with her in the room.

"But now it's different. Now even my father can't stop praising Su Hang." Some people in the room disagreed.

"No matter how big he is now, he'll never be able to change the fact that he used to be a filthy beggar." Su MingLi smirked. "Why do you think he married Shen Xi? She's a well-known young lady in our circles. Being a lowborn, he wanted a woman of good birth and humble background to bury his past. He's probably thinking that he can escape being a frog if he married a princess. Unfortunately, Shen Xi is now nothing but a fallen phoenix.

"According to you, Su Hang doesn't like Shen Xi at all?" The yellow-haired boy asked.

"No wonder Su Hang went on a business trip."