Mission

Thankfully I didn't see Romanoff again for a while. I was glad I'd definitely embarrassed myself, she'd only been trying to help and i was just short of humping her hand. I kept catching myself imagine what would have happened if her fingers had just drifted a little bit higher...

I was spending my morning at the firing range a couple of weeks after our first meeting.
"Morning agent" her green eyes looked playful, "need any help stretching today?" I shook my head and focused on my shooting. No more distractions, I needed to work harder if I ever wanted a promotion and to get out on the field.
"Nice shooting" she genuinely sounded impressed.
"Thanks" I said embarrassed. I needed to get out of here her presence made me hot. I started tidying away my station trying not to look at her, she was standing way too close to me I kept brushing her arm with mine as I reached to grab my things.

"Heads up but I've requested for you to be on my next mission. It's mostly surveillance but I need someone focused and apparently you fit that description."
I blushed under her praise, this was unexpected. Fury told me I was months off being out in the field.
She briefed me on what we were doing and what she expected of me, it all sounded simple but it felt like a lot of pressure. Most people didn't get to go out with an avenger on their first field mission.

There were a few other senior agents with us and I didn't end up having to do that much but I felt happy that I'd actually got to do something real! Maria Hill briefed us all before we signed off for the day apparently Romanoff was happy enough with how it went, and it was well known that she is quite the perfectionist. I wanted to catch her and thank her for the opportunity but Hill seemed to be deep in conversation with her and I didn't want to interrupt so I just quietly left the briefing room. She met my eyes for a split second and nodded a goodbye, I almost thought she was going to say something else but I was out the room before she got chance- I didn't want to make it weird and fan girl over her too much.

"Romanoff was impressed with you last week" Fury had called me a few days later, "she wants you to go with her to Europe"
"Why?" I asked without thinking. I wasn't anything special or very experienced.
"Excuse me?" His voice sounded back, "it's an order not a request agent"

"Sorry I didn't mean it that way I just meant why me, wouldn't she be better if with someone more experienced" it felt like a lot of pressure but I was happy to prove myself if Fury wasn't going to stop me.
"Beats me. Don't fuck it up though kid. I don't want an angry Russian shouting at me for your mistakes" he hung up. Great more pressure.

I didn't get that long to prepare before I boarded a plane to Europe. France to be exact. I was reading and re reading the files I'd been sent when Romanoff appeared from somewhere else on the jet.
"Don't you ever take a day off?" She asked sitting opposite me.
"Do you?" I asked back, closing the files.
"Of course, all work and no play makes a very dull life" she crossed her legs leaning back into her seat. She closed her eyes, conversation over then I guess, I used the moment to really at her while her eyes were shut.

I'd never seen her so dressed down, she wore a pair of black leggings that blended in seamlessly to a white vest, it was cut quite low so I could see the top of her red lace bra that cupped her breast perfectly. My eyes roamed over her cleavage before I looked a bit higher at her lips, so plump I just wanted to run my tongue over them, I let my eyes travel higher expecting her eyes still to be closed but I was met with an intense green gaze. She cocked an eyebrow at me as my ears started to burn. I was about to apologise when she closed her eyes again, I wasn't falling for the same mistake twice so I threw myself back into my files.

"We're sharing an apartment" she said throwing my bag into the boot of a taxi, "it's safer than separate hotel rooms"
I just nodded, she was the boss.

"So why France?" I asked after reading the files for the millionth time. I didn't really understand why we were here, it just sounded like a surveillance mission which was a bit below her pay grade.
She winked, "you'll see"

We spent a few uneventful days in the apartment, I felt like I was on holiday, she took me sightseeing a few times and kept trying to take me drinking.
"You have to try the wine while we're in France" she said pulling me into a bar.
"I don't drink when I'm working" I replied my usual answer.
"Today's our day off" she said brightly.
"Day off from what?" I questioned, "we haven't done anything to have a day off from" I was restless I wanted to prove myself to everyone.

"Agent..." she said it sternly, "who is in charge of this mission?" She asked with her eyes burning into mine.
"You are" I mumbled.
"Mmhmm and who decides if it is our day off" she didn't drop the eye contact
"You do" I tried to hold her gaze but it was too much I glanced at the menu in my hands.
"Correct again. So tell me" she took my chin in her hand and pulled my gaze back up to her, "who is in charge of you?" We were stood at a bar but suddenly I felt like we were the only two people in the room.

"Y- y -you are" my face felt hot in her hand.
"Good girl" my breath caught at her words, "now, will you have a glass of wine with me?"
I nodded and her eyes softened. "Perfect I'll order for us!" As if nothing had happened she broke into fluent French and ordered a bottle of wine I couldn't pronounce.